Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    I started University in 2009/10 and failed my first year, i used my 'gift year' and repeated my first year again in 2010/11. In my repeat year I was dealing with my grandmas illness and whilst being away from home it became even worse to deal with. It had a massive affect on my studies. My grandma passed away at the end of August 2011.

    Would it be possible to apply for CPR to get an extra years funding?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    It is possible to apply. You must have an active student finance application first. We would then require evidence of CPR, such as a death certificate/letters from tutors explaining how it affected your studies etc. The more evidence the better. Each case is treated individually and we would get back to you with an answer.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.