?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS you learn about the UK political system. 2 sides of the course and 4 units in each. You learn about the Judiciary, the Constitution (pros, cons, whether it needs to be changed etc.), learn about the political parties, differences between political ideologies, pressure groups, Parliament (HoC, HoL advantages and disadvantages of each), the Prime Minister, and loads more I can't remember.

A2 your school/college chooses what you study. We're doing the US; so are covering US political history, the US Constitution, President, Elections, Lobby groups etc etc.
_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTechN1304)
AS you learn about the UK political system. 2 sides of the course and 4 units in each. You learn about the Judiciary, the Constitution (pros, cons, whether it needs to be changed etc.), learn about the political parties, differences between political ideologies, pressure groups, Parliament (HoC, HoL advantages and disadvantages of each), the Prime Minister, and loads more I can't remember.

A2 your school/college chooses what you study. We're doing the US; so are covering US political history, the US Constitution, President, Elections, Lobby groups etc etc.
Is it hard for someone who currently knows nothing about politics but feels like they'll have an interest in it once they begin to learn about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Padfootismine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't need to know anything about Politics to enjoy or understand it.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Padfootismine)
What if I've missed the first two weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTechN1304
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Padfootismine)
Well most people doing it dont usually know much about the subject, but I would be surprised if you knew NOTHING about british politics.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTechN1304)
Well most people doing it dont usually know much about the subject, but I would be surprised if you knew NOTHING about british politics.
I know all the common sense stuff but nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTechN1304
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
I know all the common sense stuff but nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about it. I didn't know much about politics but it ended up being fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
27.96%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (103)
36.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.58%

Watched Threads