The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge languages course

Hey guys, i was wondering whether Cambridge offers studying English and French together? I've looked at their website yet it does not seem to, i am pretty sure they do though so need clarification?
Seeing as you didn't get any answers in the Modern Languages forum, I've moved this to the Cambridge forum :smile:
Reply 2
I'm not sure about this, but one thing you could do is apply for English and then take French classes at the language center?
Original post by Saraaa_d
Hey guys, i was wondering whether Cambridge offers studying English and French together? I've looked at their website yet it does not seem to, i am pretty sure they do though so need clarification?

They do not offer that. However, as the poster above said, you can study a language outside of the course.
There's no real way to combine them both as part of your degree, as others have said - Cambridge doesn't really operate a 'major and minor' system in the way that some unis do. However there is pretty good provision for extra language learning at the University Language Centre - there are a range of levels and lengths of courses in a good spread of languages. On top of that there are discounts for students, most colleges offer some form of further reimbursement, and I've heard that some faculties allow learning as a module for your course - not sure whether English is one of these though.
Reply 5
Thanks guys, i've decided to apply to Oxford instead as they offer it and the course looks good:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending