Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you suggest a part time job that doesn't suck? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    I need a part time job for some extra dough. Can you suggest one that doesn't suck?

I'm looking for one with the least amount of responsibility.
    90% of part time jobs suck, but a job is a job frankly. I'm now 24 and have been working since I was 14. I've had jobs in Mcdonalds, Curry's, Pc world, Apple store, Carphone warehouse and Primark... Yes they were all incredibly ****, But they paid for the stuff I wanted, They put me through UNI, They payed for everything I needed them too and now I have a masters in Engineering and work for a major company on 80K a year take home. We all have to start somewhere, Take whatever you can get

ReputationRep:
    just saying but you'll struggle to get a job with that attitude, even most weekend jobs aimed at 16-18 year olds want someone who will make at least a bit of an effort, and they will all suck a lot of the time because it will be boring and menial work, whether you enjoy it will basically come down to whether you have nice co workers and managers which will be luck of the draw anyway

just hand your cv around and keep an open mind
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    Probably, it could also be that I'm under 18 and the pay will get better as I get older.

Good luck with manager training!
    Yeah, the pay gets a lot better as you get older, especially when you get to 21.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.