ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeriosarenice)
    What's your opinion on the IB?
    I have no opinion on the IB since I have never taught it - sorry
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Bunneh)
    Because since being in year 7, I've wanted to do 5 plus I don't want to let any of the subjects go, I'm too attached to them.
    Unless your school prescribes otherwise, it would make more sense to drop General Studies and concentrate on your "real" subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    Unless your school prescribes otherwise, it would make more sense to drop General Studies and concentrate on your "real" subjects
    Yeah, I've tried to convince my head of sixthform and head of house to let me drop a subject that doesn't count for anything Perhaps they'll let me if I propose doing full A level maths instead!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    It's possible but it will be intense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it is possible but a lot of C3 and C4 depends on C2 and you tend to do C2 in the latter times.
    Whatever applied unit isn't depended really. If you're doing FM I guess it should help but most of it doesn't relate to the core modules of normal math A level.
    Personally I wouldn't do maths a level within a year since A level depends a lot on As so unless you get your head about AS then I guess it's alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C1-4 s1 m1 is very doable in 1 year. I wouldn't do FM in the same year tho. You need bits from C1-4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunneh)
    Hi there, I want to inow if it's possible to do A level maths fully in one year? This is in conjunction with Further Maths, chemistry, physics, german and general studies!

Thanks!
    Depends how good you are at maths but should be possible. Depends on what your optional modules are, a little. The core modules aren't overly difficult, neither are the optional ones normally. Just put the work in and discuss it with your teachers as they have to submit you for exams and you need to work out your schedule; whether to do two or three maths exams in January.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Depends how good you are at maths but should be possible. Depends on what your optional modules are, a little. The core modules aren't overly difficult, neither are the optional ones normally. Just put the work in and discuss it with your teachers as they have to submit you for exams and you need to work out your schedule; whether to do two or three maths exams in January.
    There aren't any January exams any more, are there?

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth does any school make pupils do General Studies? Every time I have seen it mentioned in a prospectus or on a university website it is preceded by the word "Excluding". It seems to count for nothing in almost all cases, certainly for someone taking science A levels. Maybe some course somewhere values it, but it will be rare. I certainly wouldn't devote any time or thought to it. Throw a few uni websites at them as evidence and ask to drop it.

A boy at my son's school this year got A* in maths, further maths, additional further maths, either chemistry or some other maths A level I think they made up for him, and physics. He's clearly unusual (to put it mildly, I think the guy dreams in equations to be honest), but it can be done. But he did all of them over two years, not one and then the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    There aren't any January exams any more, are there?
    There isn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.