Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so before my English controlled assessment I wrote the beginning of it up on here for advice on what grade it would be and I recently heard examiners go through the internet to look for plagiarism (copying) but what would happen if they find mine on here and think I have copied of the work? please reply

ReputationRep:
    Plagiarism is when you copy someone else's work without there permission. I don't think you'd get into trouble if you actually wrote it. I think that if they did find out, you could prove that it was your own work by logging in into this account or something. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Posted on TheStudentRoom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    Delete the post!... Duh!
    I've tried to delete the post and I can't and plus people have quoted it and I can't delete their comments, thanks for replying though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skillzaismine)
    Plagiarism is when you copy someone else's work without there permission. I don't think you'd get into trouble if you actually wrote it. I think that if they did find out, you could prove that it was your own work by logging in into this account or something. Hope this helps
    Thanks for replying and yeah I just don't want to go through any fuss because of it

ReputationRep:
    Posted on TheStudentRoom

ReputationRep:
    Surely if it's via private messages then they shouldn't be able to have access to that anyway?

But yes for threads, so ask those who quoted you.

ReputationRep:
    Mods can also eliminate quoted portions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    You cant delete the actual post, but why not press "edit" and delete it all.
    Private Message the people that have quoted you, tell them to edit and delete
    Ok thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrinningSkull)
    Surely if it's via private messages then they shouldn't be able to have access to that anyway?

But yes for threads, so ask those who quoted you.
    Yeah thanks I will ask the people who quoted me to delete it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnpaulberry15)
    so before my English controlled assessment I wrote the beginning of it up on here for advice on what grade it would be and I recently heard examiners go through the internet to look for plagiarism (copying) but what would happen if they find mine on here and think I have copied of the work? please reply
    Don't delete it. It'll just make the situation worse if AQA find your piece. If your username has a connection to your actual name and you have access to this account, I'm pretty sure that that would be enough evidence to scope whether or not the piece is yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's only GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Don't delete it. It'll just make the situation worse if AQA find your piece. If your username has a connection to your actual name and you have access to this account, I'm pretty sure that that would be enough evidence to scope whether or not the piece is yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    It's only GCSE...
    yeah its just GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnp1144)
    Thanks for replying and yeah I just don't want to go through any fuss because of it
    It's cool dude. and to be quite honest, it's only GCSE. I mean even I'm studying for them right now but I think it would be highly unlikely for them to search your whole essay on the internet. Plus you already know that you're not guilty, and you can easily prove it so there's nothing to worry about☺👌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skillzaismine)
    It's cool dude. and to be quite honest, it's only GCSE. I mean even I'm studying for them right now but I think it would be highly unlikely for them to search your whole essay on the internet. Plus you already know that you're not guilty, and you can easily prove it so there's nothing to worry about☺
    Thanks and yeah they probably won't if it's just GCSE. It was because I read lots of stuff about plagiarism on here and people have got into lots of trouble. However most of them were at uni and yeah I haven't done anything wrong so I should be fine

ReputationRep:
    That's all good then What do you have to write about anyway???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2014

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.