The Student Room Group

Good progress for first lesson?

Just had my first driving lesson today which lasted for 1 hour.
In this hour I learnt how to change gears, got up to 4th gear, went down a dual carriageway, learnt how to use the accelerator and brake properly, learnt the cockpit drill, how to pull over and signal and learnt how to steer and turned at a junction and a roundabout.

Is this progress good or not as I'm not sure what people's first lessons tend to be like?
Original post by Peppercrunch
Just had my first driving lesson today which lasted for 1 hour.
In this hour I learnt how to change gears, got up to 4th gear, went down a dual carriageway, learnt how to use the accelerator and brake properly, learnt the cockpit drill, how to pull over and signal and learnt how to steer and turned at a junction and a roundabout.

Is this progress good or not as I'm not sure what people's first lessons tend to be like?

That's loads of progress for 1 hour.
Reply 2
Sounds like you did really well did you do everything yourself or did your instructor help you lots with his peddles
Original post by I passed
Sounds like you did really well did you do everything yourself or did your instructor help you lots with his peddles

He did the clutch for the roundabout and at the junctions. Going onto them next lesson.
what the ****
Reply 5
Wow that's a trusting instructor! I literally spent an hour in a cul de sac- something my parents could have easily done with me :/
Dual carriageway on your first lesson?!
So much progress for a first lesson that I actually struggle to believe it.
Original post by BrownEyedGirl92
So much progress for a first lesson that I actually struggle to believe it.

This. Furthermore, most instructors usually do a 90 minute or 2 hour lesson for the first one...
That's loads more than I've done in 10+ hours on the road with my dad (admittedly he's not a professional instructor). Went out for two hours this afternoon, in fact, and only got up to third on country roads with no junctions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending