Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in a situation where Student Finance do not want to recognise my entitlement for a student loan.

I am an Australian National who's married to a French National and have lived in the UK/EEA for a period of 31 months.

Under the basis of being a dependant of a EU National family member (who has resided with in the EEA/UK for more than the requested three years) and, also being recognised as a "Home/EU" student from my respected University. I have been declined for the fact that I have not been an ordinary resident with in the EEA/UK for a period of three years prior to the start of my course but, yet will meet the three year residential period in a couple of months after the start date of my course.

What does this mean?????

First; I have been denied my right for further education as Student Finance England refused my application to a student loan, not only for the first year but, for the three years in which I would normally partake in my course.

Second; Student Finance England are not willing to accept that in my current situation, I should normally be granted the right to apply and receive the finance in which they have to offer.

And finally; I have obtained a lot of stress, emotional pressure and, family issues as their administration process (which is created for them to save time till dead lines are expired) obviously took six months for them to give me a partial answer and still not complete my case.

I feel lost and down, would any body be able to give me advise on my current situation?

Thank you.

E.M.M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie111)
    ...yet will meet the three year residential period in a couple of months after the start date of my course.

What does this mean?????
    You have to defer for a year.

First; I have been denied my right for further education
    Only for a year. You'll qualify for full SF funding with a 2015 start.

I feel lost and down, would any body be able to give me advise on my current situation?
    Contact your uni asap and ask to defer for a year. There's usually no problem if you already have a confirmed place.

It's deeply annoying, but it won't prevent you ever going to uni in the UK. By this time next year, you'll qualify for the full SF Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Maintenance Grant package (subject to household income).

ReputationRep:
    As you say you don't qualify on residential requirements this year.
    As above, you will need to wait a year.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    31 months isn't quite 3 years. (36 months is)

The above two posts are right.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.