Turn on thread page Beta

Guy I met at a party doesn't respond to my FB messages. watch

So I met this guy at a party and I spent a while chatting to him and we just had a pretty good time. We added each other on Facebook. He goes to my school so I've seen him around and all that. I saw him yesterday at school and we talked and laughed a bit. However, I messaged him today after school and he was so cold. I asked how we was and he.literally replied with one word. And that was the end of the conversation. It's weird. Why is he friendly in real life but cold on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Because he isn't interested?
    Just move on.

ReputationRep:
    Move on. That ship has sailed!

(Original post by Inazuma)
    Because he isn't interested?
    Just move on.

(Original post by *Stefan*)
    Move on. That ship has sailed!
    But I just want to be friends with him. I'm new at my school so I'd be glad to make another friend. I don't want to **** him for gooodness sake

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he just isn't big on Facebook/digital communication?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But I just want to be friends with him. I'm new at my school so I'd be glad to make another friend. I don't want to **** him for gooodness sake
    Look. To be honest you should prefer people to be warmer in real life rather than on facebook (usually it happens the other way round). Who cares if he doesn't answer on facebook? Perhaps he doesn't like chatting that much online.

Ignore my previous reply (since you want him as a friend) and keep talking to him while at school. If you see he's actually still interested in talking to you, ignore facebook altogether!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there isn't an ulterior motive. He might just be busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He still might not be interested.
    Or maybe he thinks you are interested.

Keep trying if you like, but if he isn't responsive IRL then give up. Some people just cba.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2014
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.