Turn on thread page Beta

Will I ever be with an older guy? watch

I prefer older guys to guys my age. I'm 20.

My issue is that I feel like a relationship with someone older will never work out. For one, they tend to be at an age they want to settle or have a family - I am not interested in kids ever, and being at uni I don't have the experience to 'settle'.

For instance I'm talking to a near 30yo guy atm, he is lovely and amazing etc. Has a great job, and we get on well. It's flirty etc. sometimes. But he's had serious relationships before and I feel any guy that age or older is after a serious relationship - not just a more relaxed one - since my not wanting kids means there is not often a 'future' from most people.

It's just irritating me as I'm winding myself up over him and other guys because it's what I want, but I don't think I will ever have it. (at least not till I'm that age myself)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 78, do you want to date me?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just find a f*** buddy instead or make new friends? You said you want a relationship but one that is not serious. What is the point of a relationship if you don't want it to last?

ReputationRep:
    Well if your talking guys in their thirties just see if you can find one who has already had children à while back, split up and hence may be less fussed about having more. Or à guy early to kid forties who may not be bothered about having any at that stage in life.

Besides what does having a great job got to do with anything? Is a guy with a misérable job à problem, plenty of miserable jobs out there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2014
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.