Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    4
    ReputationRep:
    Can you explain to me what it is? I have no idea what it's about :/
    • Specialist Advisor
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Specialist Advisor
    Hi Nick_888,

    A Maintenance Loan can help with your living costs, such as rent and books, while you study. It’s paid into your bank account in three instalments throughout the academic year.

    The amount you can get depends on your household income and where you live and study. The basic rate of Maintenance Loan (65% of the maximum rate) doesn’t depend on your household income but the remaining 35% does.
    You have to pay it back but not until you finish or leave your course and your income is over £21,000 a year.

    For more information about Maintenance Loans, including how much you could get, visit our student finance zone. You’ll also find information on Tuition Fee Loans, Maintenance Grants and extra help, such as Disabled Students’ Allowances and Dependants’ Grants.
 
 
 
The home of Results and Clearing

1,718

people online now

1,567,000

students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.