Turn on thread page Beta

My theory of attraction watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I noticed that I'm attracted to 'different' guys who stand out for whatever reason. They could be introvert, extrovert, very ugly, very attractive, or different to most people in their appearance.

My boyfriend is actually very ugly but I really like his personality and 'presence'. He understands my mind, which is very attractive. Most guys I meet don't but they're still very friendly and great company.

My boyfriend is very deep and poetic sometimes. He's incredibly romantic and always surprises me. He's not like any 'normal' guy I've met and this is why he attracts me.

So, I think that we are intrigued by different people who have an alternative style which is very alluring and fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    lies. all about dat ass and big teddies

ReputationRep:
    paula abdul got there before you m8

ReputationRep:
    You're attracted to confidence to be non-conformist and/or you have hipster tendencies, pretty standard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Posh)
    Hello.

I noticed that I'm attracted to 'different' guys who stand out for whatever reason. They could be introvert, extrovert, very ugly, very attractive, or different to most people in their appearance.

My boyfriend is actually very ugly but I really like his personality and 'presence'. He understands my mind, which is very attractive. Most guys I meet don't but they're still very friendly and great company.

My boyfriend is very deep and poetic sometimes. He's incredibly romantic and always surprises me. He's not like any 'normal' guy I've met and this is why he attracts me.

So, I think that we are intrigued by different people who have an alternative style which is very alluring and fascinating.
    What...do you mean...exactly?

And...does your man know you think he's ugly :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

What kind of girlfriend are you?

ReputationRep:
    looks/money/status

/thread

since op's bf is "very ugly" that means op too is "very ugly". standard attraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiOt GrrrL)
    What...do you mean...exactly?

And...does your man know you think he's ugly :teehee:
    You make it sound so common. 'Your man'. I hate that phraseology, it's not very idiomatic is it? I prefer 'boyfriend' because it sounds more romantic and official, which is what our relationship certainly is.

He knows that he's not the best looking guy but honestly, I've never mentioned his appearance because his personality compensates for anything which you might deem as 'ugly' in his looks.

ReputationRep:
    You make it sound so common. 'Your man'. I hate that phraseology, it's not very idiomatic is it? I prefer 'boyfriend' because it sounds more romantic and official, which is what our relationship certainly is.

He knows that he's not the best looking guy but honestly, I've never mentioned his appearance because his personality compensates for anything which you might deem as 'ugly' in his looks.
    Well you translated "your man" to "boyfriend," so no need to be finicky and tell me how to talk.

And anyway...you called him ugly. :indiff:

And I still don't know what you mean by "alternative style."

ReputationRep:
    ITT: OP is trying to rationalise why she got with an uglier guy (so she thinks) when in reality, that is the only guy that she could get. Stop lying to yourself, there is nothing about him. It's not his personality. It's likely a) you're both as ugly as eachother b) he is a WK and treats you like a princess c) Both

ReputationRep:
    Anyway what is your theory; still confused and thrown off by the "very ugly" bit :facepalm:

My theory is...there is none. You just go with it. Don't be shallow but don't settle either. Like don't be thirsty and settle for someone just because they acknowledged you, and then "overtime" find what you like about them. That's like you relaxed your view/compromised your standards just to be with someone you're not even passionate about...or who you find ugly :lolwut:.

Evertyime I agree to date someone or start a relationship, it has been someone I'm physically attracted to and found later that I share interests with, and he has to make me laugh and listen to me, and look at me when we talk.

If I'm not physically attracted to him, but he still respects me and we get along, I will concede to a date should he ask.

But someone I ended up liking I don't have to be physically attracted to.

ReputationRep:
    Miss posh you're just a middle class wannabe loser please don't even try it. You're a troll because no one would call their boyfriend "very ugly".

We all know that the guy with the biggest wallet will have the keys to your vagina.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.