Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here plays Sims 4? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just bought the Sims 4.

ReputationRep:
    I have it but it's kinda boring atm, need the expansions etc to come out. I've gone back to messing around on TS3, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trails)
    I have it but it's kinda boring atm, need the expansions etc to come out. I've gone back to messing around on TS3, lol.
    Yeah I know what you mean. The base game is very limited but I'm enjoying the new emotion system. It's a lot better than before because my Sims don't feel like lifeless sticks. They can sit and talk at the same time as well...

I just wish there was more content to buy in the online shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Posh)
    Yeah I know what you mean. The base game is very limited but I'm enjoying the new emotion system. It's a lot better than before because my Sims don't feel like lifeless sticks. They can sit and talk at the same time as well...

I just wish there was more content to buy in the online shop.
    Yeah! I do really like the emotion system, I think it's good, and I actually like that it's not open world now too. So much less lag than on TS3. Though, I do hate that they've gotten rid of the toddler life stage - hopefully it's put back in with a patch or in an expansion? idk. The multitasking is really good, I didn't realise how useful it would be.

Same, I need more CC, lol.

Still, overall, I'm not disappointed. It IS a basegame, so people are complaining about things that are minor anyway, extras will be on the expansion/stuff packs, like they always have been.

ReputationRep:
    I have it but I'm pretty disappointed with it and haven't played it much.

ReputationRep:
    I have it too. I played it for about an hour the day it came out but haven't gone back to it. I found the camera a bit difficult to get used to after playing the Sims 3 and the sim I created is too poor atm to be any fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    I have it too. I played it for about an hour the day it came out but haven't gone back to it. I found the camera a bit difficult to get used to after playing the Sims 3 and the sim I created is too poor atm to be any fun.
    There is an option under settings to use the sims 3 camera which allows you to pivot using your mouse wheel.

Also, there's lots of cheats/mods which give you unlimited money and the ability to scale up/down items. Type Ctrl+Shift+C and type 'motherlode' for 50,000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    I think there's an option to make it similar to TS3. I can't remember where it is though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I do really like the emotion system, I think it's good, and I actually like that it's not open world now too. So much less lag than on TS3. Though, I do hate that they've gotten rid of the toddler life stage - hopefully it's put back in with a patch or in an expansion? idk. The multitasking is really good, I didn't realise how useful it would be.

Same, I need more CC, lol.

Still, overall, I'm not disappointed. It IS a basegame, so people are complaining about things that are minor anyway, extras will be on the expansion/stuff packs, like they always have been.
    I can't be bothered to reply to your post.

Great, you like the Sims 4. I think you're too picky to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    me me me! Got it on release day and clocked up 62 hours in the past couple of weeks :|

Currently playing as the Beegees and trying to get them to die in the correct order....

Having just shared that with TSR I suddenly feel I may need to re-evaluate my life.

ReputationRep:
    Why do girls like Sims so much? Everyone in this thread is a girl, unsurprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obidobi)
    Why do girls like Sims so much? Everyone in this thread is a girl, unsurprisingly.
    Cant speak for everyone but i'm a huge control freak with a passion for interior design and drowning people in swimming pools. Sadly for me you cant build a pool on TS4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obidobi)
    I don't just play sims lol.

I play many different genres of games, namely survival horror.

But sometimes I do want to just mess around and create houses etc. :P

ReputationRep:
    I think there's an option to make it similar to TS3. I can't remember where it is though.
    You can get it to rotate like in the Sims 3, but I liked tilting the camera more so I'm looking down on the sims, rather than directly at them. I haven't figured out how to do that in the sims 4 yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Sims basically a virtual doll house? I heard someone say that once and that it's why girls like it so much. It's the most popular PC game with women by a humongous margin, I can't even think of another one that would come close to it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this. I've only played it a bit. Spent ages designing my sim but was a bit disappointed as I didn't feel there were as many options despite it allowing you to alter the body more. And the hairstyles aren't nearly as good as in sims 3.

ReputationRep:
    ea needs to pay my ass if i am ever going to play another ea game. simcity was such a disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    They just made an announcement about ghosts & swimming pools and they're a FREE patch. In my honest opinion things are missing because they ran out of time.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    It's pretty bad imo. Feels rushed and like an alpha, not the finished game. And it's inevitable that they're going to make people pay through the nose for yet another round of expansions.

At least it runs nicely. I still remember when sims 3 first came out and they'd designed it for only top end gaming machines :toofunny:

All I found myself thinking was that somewhere out there someone must be able to make it better than EA.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.