Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student and no food, how long before I die? watch

Serious question.

I applied late for Student Finance because of clearing - so they only gave me minimun loan and no grants. The loan only covers my accommodation so I have no food.

I'm an overweight male, I have decent muscle mass too. How l long can I last without food before running into serious complications and what symptoms should I be wary of?

Looking for part-time work meanwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Serious question.

I applied late for Student Finance because of clearing - so they only gave me minimun loan and no grants. The loan only covers my accommodation so I have no food.

I'm an overweight male, I have decent muscle mass too. How l long can I last without food before running into serious complications and what symptoms should I be wary of?

Dumpsta dive. A lil leftover pizza neva hurt nobody.

Or

Bell Mummy?

(Original post by RiOt GrrrL)
    Dumpsta dive. A lil leftover pizza neva hurt nobody.

Or

Bell Mummy?
    I'd rather die o.o

Mum lives ages away - not viable

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather die o.o

Mum lives ages away - not viable
    Can't she put money in your account? Surely you have an account. Aww you guys should've budgeted before you went. Much cheaper to live at home and attend a non-boarding college.

ReputationRep:
    One day for each pound of fat.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    So you dont have any money for food. Cant you go home at the weekend and get food and supplies. Ik you might live far away

Can't she put money in your account? Surely you have an account. Aww you guys should've budgeted before you went. Much cheaper to live at home and attend a non-boarding college.
    I don't want to burden my Mum - I've caused her enough pain in my life lol

(Original post by Clip)
    One day for each pound of fat.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OohBurn)
    H...Her...Hermione? :cry2:

Ohhhh :love:

(Original post by Kholmes1)
    So you dont have any money for food. Cant you go home at the weekend and get food and supplies. Ik you might live far away
    How do I get home lol - yeah in live miles away

ReputationRep:
    No money, no food, OP?

:unimpressed:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    How do I get home lol - yeah in live miles away
    :facepalm2:

welp...send us your Before and After photos OP :indiff: I already told you, dumpster dive. Or you know...steal :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for the loan properly? Try and get a job as one must eat now :eek:
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Serious question.

Does your university have a crisis loan? Most do, go speak to your student union. Also will you be getting more maintenance later, is it still being processed?

(Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Does your university have a crisis loan? Most do, go speak to your student union. Also will you be getting more maintenance later, is it still being processed?
    (Original post by MelaMelaMela)
    Did you apply for the loan properly? Try and get a job as one must eat now :eek:
    Yeah Student Finance is processing so I'll only need to survive for a few weeks I think. Going to ask about crisis loan.

:facepalm2:

welp...send us your Before and After photos OP :indiff: I already told you, dumpster dive. Or you know...steal :cookie:
    Stealing/bins isn't in my nature. Haha if I lose weight I may do before an after if it's significant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Student Finance is processing so I'll only need to survive for a few weeks I think. Going to ask about crisis loan.

Stealing/bins isn't in my nature. Haha if I lose weight I may do before an after if it's significant
    Then let's put them together shall we.

Steal...a bin

Then let's put them together shall we.

Steal...a bin
    Your logic is flawless xD

I don't want to burden my Mum - I've caused her enough pain in my life lol

Thanks
    Most universities have a hardship funds available for some students. That's worth looking into. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Your logic is flawless xD
    You see I'm leaning to the same thing here. I'm looking after you mate.

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    Most universities have a hardship funds available for some students. That's worth looking into. Good luck.
    Cheers - going to ask tomorrow

You see I'm leaning to the same thing here. I'm looking after you mate.
    You're leaning to starvation?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.