Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much maxed my ISA allowance for this year so here is what I'm going to do with the £9.5k sitting in my low interest Natwest current account.

Open a Club Lloyds current account. This pays 4% if balance is £4-5k. I will put £4.5k in it. They demand £1500 a month is paid in, so I will use a standing order for £1500 once a month from my Natwest account. I need to have 2 DD's too so I will send £750 back to Natwest and £770 a month to Halifax.

Open a Halifax current account with £100 or other small amount. This gives me £100 sign on bonus and £5 a month interest (not done in %terms), providing £750 a month is paid in, which is done from the Club Lloyd DD. Again they require 2 DD's out a month, so I will send £750 to Natwest and £20 to Club Lloyd.

Open 2 TSB current accounts. These pay 5% on balance £1000-2000. They require £500 a month income, so I will set up a DD from Natwest too these, and then send the money back to Natwest. Open these with £2k each.

My salary of £1660 a month will be paid into Natwest.

Any comments?

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this verbatim an article in the money press a couple of weeks ago it should work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balotelli12)
    Seeing as this verbatim an article in the money press a couple of weeks ago it should work.
    Haha no way? Link please ?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.