Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can you get finance from the University for example if you are an excelling student?
    Or scholarships/bursaries if you are doing a sporting activity for them competitively?
    Because im not to keen on starting my life with a bunch of depths, and im wondering about applying for scholarships, but I dont know when your supposed to , and what for...
    Could someone give me some info on how to obtain a scholarship/bursary?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipo57)
    Can you get finance from the University for example if you are an excelling student?
    Or scholarships/bursaries if you are doing a sporting activity for them competitively?
    Because im not to keen on starting my life with a bunch of depths, and im wondering about applying for scholarships, but I dont know when your supposed to , and what for...
    Could someone give me some info on how to obtain a scholarship/bursary?
    Thanks.
    Bursaries are based on household income- each university has their own threshold for eligibility. Scholarships again are university dependent, many offer them to people with good grades- the grades very. Some are competitive- i.e. not everyone eligible will get one, and some are only small amounts. You need to look at the finance pages of the universities you are interested in going to.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get a scholarship for a sport that you do really well in, and you demonstrate it in the university in a competition or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipo57)
    Is it possible to get a scholarship for a sport that you do really well in, and you demonstrate it in the university in a competition or something?
    Yes, some unis offer scholarships for sporting excellence. However it would be an individual offer for each uni, so you'd have to trawl through some uni websites.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.