Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My AS levels were

Maths A
Physics A
English Lit A
History B

and I dropped physics this year. Only now though I am contemplating a maths degree instead, but with only maths (no further), is it possible? The fact that my other a levels are arts subjects also worries me, do I stand any chance at all? Would it be worth taking AS further maths this year? My other degree choice would be history :confused:
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Take AS Further Maths and look at university requirments. Maybe not at a top university, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere that will accept AS Further Maths. How come you dropped Physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
KittKatt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Harry97)
My AS levels were

Maths A
Physics A
English Lit A
History B

and I dropped physics this year. Only now though I am contemplating a maths degree instead, but with only maths (no further), is it possible? The fact that my other a levels are arts subjects also worries me, do I stand any chance at all? Would it be worth taking AS further maths this year? My other degree choice would be history :confused:
Yeah, I'm sure there'll be some uni's that don't specifically ask for Further Maths Might be worth having at look at the unis you're interested in though, just to make sure
Might be worth picking up AS Further Maths? Might just look a bit better on your application
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah you can. Depends on what unis you wana go to though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonokay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's possible, there are a quite a lot unis that don't really need FM, unless you are going to a top one.
But the first year is mostly made from AS FM so I suggest taking FM AS if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nitrogen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might want to think carefully. I got an A in Maths, but A2 FM is just a whole lot harder than what you would imagine. I don't think you can really say you want to do a maths degree unless you've experienced FM.
Nitrogen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonokay)
It's possible, there are a quite a lot unis that don't really need FM, unless you are going to a top one.
But the first year is mostly made from AS FM so I suggest taking FM AS if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1st years in maths degrees are certainly not mostly made from AS FM, that would be stupid.
Anonokay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nitrogen)
1st years in maths degrees are certainly not mostly made from AS FM, that would be stupid.
Actually most are
Then again I am talking about Durham Uni, their syllabus for first years is more As FM
Most first years do have a module which has a bit of FM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads