Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it wrong to talk about others sexually in front of your partner? watch

Why is it? Why is it then okay and acceptable to fantasise about someone (especially people you know/friends with) ?

This hypocrisy is pathetic... why is it wrong to also cheat when it's okay to fantasise about someone 24/7; just as long as you keep the thoughts to yourself...... :rolleyes: Surely cheating is just making your fantasies come true?...:confused: Both would equally hurt your partner if came out so how come one is right and one is wrong?

It's like saying murdering someone is wrong but if you're literally imagining step by step how you'd kill someone then I'd say you're messed up too...

ReputationRep:
    Personally i don't think its right to talk about others sexually to your partner or tell them who you fantasise because its only going to make them jealous and cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    No, because there is a big difference between thinking and doing. Thoughts and actions are so different - it's easy to imagine but to do is different. I've fantasised many a time about hitting someone but I would never do it. That's the point.

Also it comes down to the fact that you cannot control your thoughts so much - but you can do your actions.
    If they found out your thoughts it is not by any means as bad as actually proceeding on them.

P.S. Fantasising 24/7 is not normal; you clearly do not like your partner very much if that happens.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.