Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why do people get so attached to pets? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veracity80)
    a lot of people would rather kill a human than kill a dog (srs)

some people are legit psychos (im talking about the people who would rather kill a human than a dog)
    Well I must be a psycho
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    :rolleyes:

yes lel
    Why? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Reply on my wall... I hate derailing threads. )
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale & you'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're a bit odd OP.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're a sociopath or a psychopath?

ReputationRep:
    pets are cool, but people who literally act like their pet is a family member are ****ing weird and should not be trusted

ReputationRep:
    They become a part of your family and they offer companionship and love so I think the real question is how don't people get attached to pets?

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered this myself. Personally I don't see the appeal in owning a pet, but that's me and you can't change my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're usually with you for a long time. Our previous dog was with us since just before I was born until just after starting year 8, I felt a bit sad when she died. As I probably will with one of our other dogs, who is now very old, struggles to even walk and will need to be put down soon. I still remember going to pick her up when I was a kid, around 2001. You get attached to them in a similar way to your family (though obviously not in the exact same way, as they're animals) because they're with you for many years and they're with you pretty much all the time.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty upsetting shoveling dirt onto a dead cat. You are never going to see them again :sad:

Seriously?

Because animals are better than most humans. Because my rabbits are adorable and I love them very much. Because I am human and have emotions which involves getting attached to things, eg. pets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veracity80)
    a lot of people would rather kill a human than kill a dog (srs)

some people are legit psychos (im talking about the people who would rather kill a human than a dog)
    Tbf, the world would be a much nicer place without humans

ReputationRep:
    Because they are lovely, adorable and innocent.In fact, they deserve a better planet than the earth without human species in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyR2895)
    Tbf, the world would be a much nicer place without humans
    You're totally right. Make an example. You know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Because pets are mainly just really happy where humans complain and stuff
    I mean, they're in your life for a little bit, but to them you are their lives, most of the time, so they're like "oh wow wow human ohmigosh love me I love you *lick*"
    unless you've got a fish like me

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.