Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll skip the introduction and go to streight to the subject.
    I'm 20 y/o and for a year I have suffer of depresion. It's get worse every month. I lost intrest in everything, I'm exhausted all day long, I lost every piece of self respect left in me, I feel worthless, hopeless and all I want is to forget everything. I'm too tired of living too scared of dying.
    I tryed to get help but my parents don't give a damn about this, they just tell me to get over it and cut it out with these non-senses. Everyday I'm hardly criticized for what I do or not do. Everyday I hear this sentence "you are good for nothing". I tryed to calm down, to get over it but I can't. Everyday I'm pushed to the limits. Every night I'm crying alone in the darkness and then I asleep. I can't see myself in the future, there is only fog and darkness. I'm just living the moment filled with agony, hatred and sadness. I feel tired all day, laying in bed with headphones pluged in with a soundtrack full of agony and hatred (The Agonist, Arch Enemy). It's the only way to feel less alone. It's all started when I failed the exams and everyone got insane, specially my parents. Since then, the depression got intensified harder and harder every month. Now here I am, hopeless, in a dark room with cold walls, screaming for help and no one here for me.
    I have a few friends but they are busy all day. I'm feeling impossibly alone.
    I would go to psychiatrist but I have no money and my family won't support me.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Edward V)
    I'm 20 y/o and for a year I have suffer of depresion. It's get worse every month. I lost intrest in everything, I'm exhausted all day long, I lost every piece of self respect left in me, I feel worthless, hopeless and all I want is to forget everything. I'm too tired of living too scared of dying.
    I tryed to get help but my parents don't give a damn about this, they just tell me to get over it and cut it out with these non-senses. Everyday I'm hardly criticized for what I do or not do. Everyday I hear this sentence "you are good for nothing". I tryed to calm down, to get over it but I can't. Everyday I'm pushed to the limits. Every night I'm crying alone in the darkness and then I asleep. I can't see myself in the future, there is only fog and darkness. I'm just living the moment filled with agony, hatred and sadness. I feel tired all day, laying in bed with headphones pluged in with a soundtrack full of agony and hatred (The Agonist, Arch Enemy). It's the only way to feel less alone. It's all started when I failed the exams and everyone got insane, specially my parents. Since then, the depression got intensified harder and harder every month. Now here I am, hopeless, in a dark room with cold walls, screaming for help and no one here for me.
    You're not alone. There are millions of people like you and you would all be friends. I am here for you as a friend or whatever you need. My advice would be book an appointment with your doctor. Talk to them. They may give you tablets or offer you help services which you can talk to. Sometimes it helps to just say why you are this way. Feel free to PM me any time if you want to talk. I live on here so will reply asap.

i know how you're feeling. i went to see my doctor who referred me to a counsellor which is FREE
    and it kind of helps having outside input and professional advice on everything. they're easy to talk to and really help, your doctor can also refer you to a psychologist if needs be, which would also be free through the nhs. either option might give you a way to express your feelings and help you to deal with everyone around you better? try not to let others put their negativity onto you.. and definitely don't let people make you feel worthless

ReputationRep:
    Can you not go to a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist on the NHS? There are thousands of other options if money is a problem, starting with a visit to your GP who can decide on the best route for you in regards to receiving help. Anyone and everyone can get help, and you certainly sound like you need and deserve ​it.

ReputationRep:
    You should go get some counselling. It helps somewhat.

A lot of people won't give a **** about your problems, others won't know how to help you so might just tell you to get over it. Either way, you need to force yourself to get out there, even if by yourself and get into places/situations where you'd have to interact with other people.
    Also a good idea would be to change your environment if possible.

Being anti-social, withdrawn from everyone and alone in your room is not going to help with any of this. You need some new perspective on life, you won't get it by yourself alone & sad in your room.

Exercise, jogging, trying out new things (play a new game, watch a movie you wouldn't normally watch, go where you wouldn't normally a free museum or something), getting drunk with someone helps (if you do it by yourself it only makes it worse)

I've been there before. beating yourself (mentally) about problems, things you failed, life & withdrawing from everyone, make everything only worse.

ReputationRep:
    Get a puppy - the only thing in the world that will love you more than you love yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hear you loud and clear.
    You're definitely not alone, but you certainly do deserve medical attention immediately.
    I went through the same thing too, you know.
    PM..
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I used to be a sufferer myself. Try getting a dog, it worked for me, but everyone's different. Another one that helped me was writing raps, maybe you should try writing songs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and if you do get a puppy (which you should) let it lick your face and sleep on your bed. I mean it (from experience) - you'll become a happier person overnight.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Air Conditioner)
    Oh and if you do get a puppy (which you should) let it lick your face and sleep on your bed. I mean it (from experience) - you'll become a happier person overnight.
    True

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all of the above. You most definitely are not the only one out there. I'm also pretty sure you can get free help from the NHS, see what option your doctor suggests?

Self help things though - try finding a hobby, I know most things may feel unappealing right now but I found having a hobby really helps as an outlet for your emotions. I personally went with artwork as I always enjoyed being creative, but there's lots of other hobbies you could take up.

And get out of the house. One of the worst things you can do it hide in your room (well for me it is). Even if you just go for a walk, I tend to avoid people and just have alone time in the fresh air.

ReputationRep:
    u need to see a GP as soon as possible

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.