Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, currently study English and Journalism at UWE Bristol and struggling to make friends after missing freshers week because of financial reasons. As a result I am frightened that it will be hard to talk to people and now it seems that everyone has a group of friends besides me. I don't want to walk round on my own all the time on campus. Do societies and clubs really help make friends as I thought about that? Lastly, my accommodation is really bad because my flat mates are all double my age and boring. I'm no alcoholic but do let myself go now and then. I would like to meet people who will become friends where we can meet and chat and so on. I want as many friends as possible. So I can enjoy my first year because it should be about having fun and enjoying myself. Obviously study is important but you see my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaksi567)
    Hey guys, currently study English and Journalism at UWE Bristol and struggling to make friends after missing freshers week because of financial reasons. As a result I am frightened that it will be hard to talk to people and now it seems that everyone has a group of friends besides me. I don't want to walk round on my own all the time on campus. Do societies and clubs really help make friends as I thought about that? Lastly, my accommodation is really bad because my flat mates are all double my age and boring. I'm no alcoholic but do let myself go now and then. I would like to meet people who will become friends where we can meet and chat and so on. I want as many friends as possible. So I can enjoy my first year because it should be about having fun and enjoying myself. Obviously study is important but you see my point.
    I apologise for the lines also my laptop
    Is on the brink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaksi567)
    I apologise for the lines also my laptop
    Is on the brink.
    Ahh nervous first years

You should not worry about making friends, not one bit. Freshers is fun but by no means will it determine your popularity on campus. Say hi to people you sit next to during lectures, join a society or two that you like and by next week you'll be laughing at yourself for being worried about friends homie!

I hope you have a blast!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.