Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    Are you from another religion if so i wouldn't argue with it.

But from a christianity view it's seen as wrong as God wouldn't be comfortable with it. i mean imagine if you was in love with your brother?? it's basically the sam thing that your in love with your cousin.

I know your pain, my cousin is seriously in love with me and im glad i don't live in my country Nigeria otherwise i'm sure it would i've been hell. These days im even prepared to tell my mum the truth so that my cousin gets sensible disclipline!!

I'm sorry im sounding harsh but i can say it to best i can
    lol don't worry I am not harsh..I just wanted to mean understand human feelings..don't hurt them. I am Hindu. Bro is different from cousin. Bro is someone who takes care of us. Elder Male Cousins have right on younger female cousins matching for their particular age. Brother is born from my same parents if so.:yep: Cousins are born to parents siblings and not to our own parents so those siblings might have different gene set with similar genes producing our cousins. That's not hell. She didn't trouble you. Did she? She just expressed her feelings to you. Just calm her. Your words explain your not matured enough. Just smile and be calm to her. She would be relieved atleast. Look after her like your sister as you say. She would be happy atleast. You shouldn't burden her. She will be younger than you and not enough matured as you. She would surely listen to you if she likes you. Just tell her you really like her as a good friend and sister and tell her that her love is wrong and just calm her.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Me and my cousin loved each other.
    My cousin married another girl cos getting baby with cousins can affect the baby.
    I was sad and missed my cousin and also was a bit angry about him leaving me.
    So, I didn't reply to any of his call. He stopped answering my calls, emails and texts.
    His mother once spoke rude to me- You don't deserve my son and you don't have much qualifications to stand next to him.
    I felt really worried and cried later on.
    I felt worried for my cousin for not understanding my situation. I cannot tell him that his mother spoke rude to me cos he won't like me speaking bad about his mother. He loves his mother a lot. I also didn't say as he said his decision was to marry another girl and also not to ruin his and his mother's relationship. Feeling really worried...Missing him so much..I still feel him coming closer to me and my lips and whispering into my ears softly..I love him alot..:sad:
    Why be sad? You got to learn a life lesson...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    Why be sad? You got to learn a life lesson...
    It's hard time staying without him :sadnod:
    You've got to love someone, then you would realize my feeling
    What wrong did I do? I still and will always love him..
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sena5)
    It's hard time staying without him :sadnod:
    You've got to love someone, then you would realize my feeling
    You really cant be certain if I've loved someone or not.

What wrong did I do? I still and will always love him..
    You entered a relationship w/o considering future prospects.

ReputationRep:
    In general British culture - we don't date relatives/ cousins - but I know international cultures that do, and there are reasons like OP stated about genetic problems that arise in children of parents who are closely related (higher chance of specific illnesses etc which have a strong genetic link)

You need to move on, it hurts, but you do. Your cousin was an idiot to chase after you and then marry someone else. It will stop hurting and you will find someone else to love and have a family with - if this is what you want.

Be sad about it, you have been hurt, I am sure your aunty was thinking about the best interests of you both. If you are living in the UK, maybe she was worrying FOR you about how OTHERS who don't understand your culture would react, and wanted to spare you from further heartache and pain. Maybe she disagreed with the match anyhow.

Speak with her, tell her you understand your cousin in married now and has moved on - be adult about it all, brave face, calm, sensible - and you don't want it to affect your family life.

Then you can go home and cry and have hugs from your friends, but it will help you to accept it is not going to happen as you wanted it to any more. It is sad for you, but it was not meant to be. I do not know which culture you are from, but if you are religious, maybe you believe things happen in life for a reason - you are meant to be with someone else, and when you find that other person you will look back on this and be happy you managed to move on to something better.

I hope you feel better soon, it will take time, let yourself cry if you want, but try to make up with your aunt and cousin, you may find his wife to be a very good friend to you. For you, you need to be strong and look to the future not the past that cannot change. hugs.

ReputationRep:
    You really cant be certain if I've loved someone or not.

First love someone..love is not to catch someone. You've got to feel it through yourself.

You entered a relationship w/o considering future prospects.
    I never ever considered future prospects. I loved him only, not for the sake of future prospects!!! I've been to U.K as well. I don't have to visit a country I've already seen and visited! I love him and if my faith was to marry him I'd have to go to UK. But, in my case he married someone else and I miss him is the truth. ONLY HIM!!!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I never ever considered future prospects. I loved him only, not for the sake of future prospects!!! I've been to U.K as well. I don't have to visit a country I've already seen and visited! I love him and if my faith was to marry him I'd have to go to UK. But, in my case he married someone else and I miss him is the truth. ONLY HIM!!!!
    You'll look back at this post in the future and say 'Boy was I immature before'

First love someone..love is not to catch someone. You've got to
    feel it through yourself.
    So you think I haven't loved anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You'll look back at this post in the future and say 'Boy was I immature before'

Never I promise! :yep:

So you think I haven't loved anyone?
    Everyone loved so you have! Everyone loves their parents and siblings as you are also loving all of them.
    But lovers love I'm not sure about for you. Only if you say I'd know if you loved anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EL704)
    In general British culture - we don't date relatives/ cousins - but I know international cultures that do, and there are reasons like OP stated about genetic problems that arise in children of parents who are closely related (higher chance of specific illnesses etc which have a strong genetic link)

You need to move on, it hurts, but you do. Your cousin was an idiot to chase after you and then marry someone else. It will stop hurting and you will find someone else to love and have a family with - if this is what you want.

Be sad about it, you have been hurt, I am sure your aunty was thinking about the best interests of you both. If you are living in the UK, maybe she was worrying FOR you about how OTHERS who don't understand your culture would react, and wanted to spare you from further heartache and pain. Maybe she disagreed with the match anyhow.

Speak with her, tell her you understand your cousin in married now and has moved on - be adult about it all, brave face, calm, sensible - and you don't want it to affect your family life.

Then you can go home and cry and have hugs from your friends, but it will help you to accept it is not going to happen as you wanted it to any more. It is sad for you, but it was not meant to be. I do not know which culture you are from, but if you are religious, maybe you believe things happen in life for a reason - you are meant to be with someone else, and when you find that other person you will look back on this and be happy you managed to move on to something better.

I hope you feel better soon, it will take time, let yourself cry if you want, but try to make up with your aunt and cousin, you may find his wife to be a very good friend to you. For you, you need to be strong and look to the future not the past that cannot change. hugs.
    Thanks for your help. Please don;t mention my dear cousin in any words as such. :sadnod: I love him.
    Yes, I'm religious and am Hindu religion. I actually forgive him for his reason as I knew he was true to me. I know he loves me, too. I would of forgiven him here but moved quietly because of other reasons.

When relatives said without heart that he and the other girl has deep affairs he said them he never had anything as that. He said he only spoke and they got to know each other. But, in my case me and him had relationships. He rarely touched me but, slept behind me with when my father was also there, carried me and spoke calling me and so on..He always wanted me to look at him. He just terribly loves me but, he cannot express it due to these issues. i KNOW HE AND I DOES LOVE EACH OTHER. We did express it through email recently last year before his marriage.

So, he got more attached with me. Why I moved quietly is cos I know he loves me more than her. He was confirm that he was gonna marry her. So, he should live happily with comfortable feelings, relieved and strong with her. He should never worry that he is not with me. I will bear if he thinks wrong about me but, I know he won't think like that. He is not like that. But he shouldn't worry. I will bear the pains seriously and he shouldn't get any worries and be sad by anything physically or mentally. It's alright if he is angry with me. He doesn't speak with me now. It's alright if he moves on from me cos he needs a good happy life and have to maintain a healthy relationship with healthy babies. He should be strong like a king. He is my dearest,dearest and dearestttttttttttttttttttttt.... ........................ love! Love him always, no matter if he's angry cos I know the reason why he is. It's okay..He is my baby, sweet heart, etc............
    This is what happened.

I cannot tell him his mother was rude to me. He loves his mother a lot. I don't wish to break their bond. Let him be together. <3

He is so sweet. :sadnod:

You were kind to me. Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Sri Lankan.
    No they aren't as first cousin who get married have less chances of getting defect babies.
    http://www.answers.com/Q/Can_two_fir...a_healthy_baby
    I like Srilankan girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim3444)
    I like Srilankan girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not about the country but about the heart and mind of a person.
    There are girls like me in character around the world!
    Not all Sri Lankan girls or not all girls in the world are good or either bad. All human beings are a mix of good and bad but, situations only turn them to be bad alone.
    I'm not bad either. If we have brains we can be good and solve our own problems. That is the best and intelligent way than behaving bad to others.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I've never come across cousins that love each other.:confused: What is it that makes you love him?:confused:
    Well not entirely related but 25% of children lose their virginity to cousins or siblings in the UK:yep: most of these are rape though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well not entirely related but 25% of children lose their virginity to cousins or siblings in the UK:yep: most of these are rape though
    Uh, wtf, source please.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Uh, wtf, source please.
    Trying to remember I read this a month or so ago. I also think the us was like 33% it was probably a children's charity site or on a government site somewhere I just can't remember where it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried flirting with your Uncle?

ReputationRep:
    Build a bridge. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Have you tried flirting with your Uncle?
    Mind your tongue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahnaz96)
    Build a bridge. Get over it.
    will try
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well then.....I'm definitely in the 75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Mind your tongue!
    I think you are missing the sound logic to my suggestion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.