Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Or the top 90% of women.
    Seriously.
    Are you considering me in the bottom 10% then? Owch!

Disregarding that though, it's true that I don't have that high a self esteem. Something I need to work on, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Guys find it harder getting sex, but commitment women find it harder to get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmiccurtains)
    Are you considering me in the bottom 10% then? Owch!

Disregarding that though, it's true that I don't have that high a self esteem. Something I need to work on, I guess.
    No
    Im saying that women have it much easier in the finding a partner stakes.
    If you are not particlarly charismatic, handsome, and witty or poor and shy with the opposite sex, you can go to as many singles venues as you like. The odds are you are going to stay single.
    Women as long as they show an interest, can always find a man.

The type of scumball that you met can smell out low self asteem at 1000yds.
    Thats why they go from one to another. Single mothers are often an easy target to.

You should look on it as a marathon, not a 100yd dash and panic because you havent had a date for a while.
    Get youself a book on self respect.
    But not a feminist one or you will end up thinking all men are like your scumball.😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    Guys find it harder getting sex, but commitment women find it harder to get
    Not exactly. An average girl still has plenty more options for a relationship than an average guy even if her standards are higher than his. It's ridiculous how many women dating say they met this lovely, great guy but there no ''spark'' so they stopped seeing him. And many of these are women in their late 30's or older, not exactly spring chickens. Yet they still get plenty of offers. The problem is they want fireworks which most decent guys can't provide for them. It's also why the vast majority of divorces are initiated by women... no more fireworks. Guys are much more likely to settle since many have very few offers and most of the time they have to be the chasers. They don't need fireworks.

If you mean commitment from the top 10-20% most desirable men, then I agree. Unfortunately for women the guys who do bring the ''fireworks'' (looks,status, wealth, charisma etc) have so many women throwing themselves at them that very few see any point in committing. See, the problem with playing with fireworks is that while it's so much fun , you're probably gonna get burned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmiccurtains)
    Very true.

Interesting - do you approach them or do they approach you? I've been too afraid of rejection (and given my past history, who would blame me) but I think I'm missing a trick here. Do guys generally find it unattractive if a girl were to do this? I say girl, but I'm in my late 20s...
    In pubs or bars, a bit of both. I don't believe it is socially acceptable to overtly approach people in other public settings.

But of course, you can meet just as many people through friends and social clubs as you do through chatting to strangers in pubs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.