The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

This is some information for all prospective applicants. (I’ve shamelessly nicked Potally_Tissed thread for 2014 applicants as it was great :biggrin:)

It's also a thread where you can have a general chat and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The most common FAQs are answered in the drop downs below, so have a look there first.

There are a lot of answers on the University website too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need.

Before Applying

How to Apply

Entry Requirements

International students

Mature students

Deferred Entry

Fees and Finance

After Applying

How long does it take to reply

Interviews

Visit Days

Rejected despite meeting the minimum entry requirements

After Receiving an Offer

Replying to an offer

Accommodation

Results Day and Clearing

I hope all of this helps a bit towards answering some of your questions!

Vicky
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I'm applying for Physics at Loughborough to start in 2015 and thought I'd see who else is applying there! :biggrin:
Thought this could also be somewhere for people to ask questions, and a general big discussion about things like accommodation and courses and stuff :smile:
---
Connect to Loughborough here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi dannicturner
Good to see your applying for 2015 :biggrin:
Any questions - just ask
Vicky
Hey everyone,

Here's the link to Loughborough connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Loughborough University
(I’ve shamelessly nicked Potally_Tissed thread for 2014 applicants as it was great :biggrin:)

Caught :colonhash:

But thanks :ahee:
Well you do :rock:

So much so that I'm just updating your accommodation thread too - no point re-inventing the wheel

:sorry: :biggrin:
Original post by Loughborough University
Well you do :rock:

So much so that I'm just updating your accommodation thread too - no point re-inventing the wheel

:sorry: :biggrin:

No problem :tongue: It needs updating and I don't really have the knowledge or motivation to do it as I graduated last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi there,

I would like to loughborough university chemical engineering Beng course.
Does the university accept resits. I did three AS levels. I wasn't happy with my grades so I am resiting some units in maths and chemistry and I already dropped Biology and took BTEC travel and tourism. what do you think of that combination. I would appreciate your feedback.
Hi MaxMudu

I'm not the best person to advise on subject combinations - but I know a someone who is!
I'll get in touch with the admissions team for you and get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Vicky
Hi MaxMudu

I've been in touch with the department and here's your answer:

We do accept resits – it is the final grade that counts.

At the offer stage, Maths, Chemistry and a BTEC subsidiary diploma (in any subject) would be acceptable.

The third subject would come into consideration if you missed your grades and the department were looking to see if to offer you a concession or not.

Hope this makes sense.
Vicky
Could anyone tell me whether Banking, Finance and Management was in clearing this year?

If it was, was this more due to too many people missing their offer and little leniency being shown, or for other reasons?

Thanks
Original post by nameofuser
Could anyone tell me whether Banking, Finance and Management was in clearing this year?

If it was, was this more due to too many people missing their offer and little leniency being shown, or for other reasons?

Thanks

Hi nameofuser,

All of our courses were in clearing this year (2014), including Banking Finance and Management, which required the minimum entry requirements of ABB or above.

I'm not too sure the reasons for including this particular course in clearing, so am looking into it with admissions and will let you know as soon as I have some more information for you!

Jarrah
Original post by nameofuser

Thanks

Hi nameofuser

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The reason Banking, Finance and Management course (and indeed all our courses) entered Clearing this year was to continue to attract highly qualified applicants to the course.

Some applicants may have just missed very high offer conditions at their first choice institution or have potentially changed their minds from when they applied far earlier in the cycle.

Also the recent change in government policy on allowing universities and colleges to freely recruit as many students with A-Level grades of ABB+ or equivalent qualifications as they can take, makes Clearing a great opportunity for high calibre applicants.

I hope that helps!
Jarrah
I'll be applying for Loughborough for 2015 just can't decide on if i want to do physics or chemistry ( or chemical engineering for that matter ) haha. I love the amount of sports on offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi rolfe2014

Glad you'll be applying when you've decided what you'd like to do!

If you need any more specific info, just drop us a line and we'll find out for you.

Cheers
Vicky
Yeah im very excited looks like a great university, just wondering can i apply for two different courses at your uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi rolfe2014

Yes you can apply for 2 different courses here - if you wanted to use all 5 choices at one university you could - it's your application and therefore entirely your choice.

Vicky
Im interested in 2 subjects
Physics with astrophysics and cosmology ucas code 8F91 and-
Chemistry ucas code f103
Would you be able to tell me the entry requirements for access to He diploma in science,
Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi rolfe2014

I've just sent you a PM to clarify a couple of things.:smile:

Vicky
Reply 19
Hi, when do you start sending offers to early applicants? In particular for Mech Eng?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest