Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hol31)
    Hi

I applied for Mechanical Engineering late November 2014, but haven't heard anything through UCAS or post, is it worth contacting the department for an update or just being patient?

Thanks
    Hi hol31

I'd contact the department directly if I were you.
    The lady you need to speak to is called Sheralyn Thorne.
    Her number is 01509 227644 or you can e-mail her on [email protected]

Hope this helps
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    So who was at the visit day for the transport degree today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how many people applied for Industrial Design last year and got offers?

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to hear if I've got offered a place for FC86 - Sports Science with geography. Any comments? Really want Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard back from Loughborough, wasn't an offer but then again it was never my first choice 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    just wondering how long typically to wait for a reply.
    Sent of my application in December for transport and business management. I was contacted about a month ago asking for my certificates which I sent back straight away, but still no response.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can give you the email of the person in charge of admissions and you can contact them? I'm doing a course in the same department so can help a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DixieN)
    I can give you the email of the person in charge of admissions and you can contact them? I'm doing a course in the same department so can help a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes please! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I sent you it in a private message

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey - in love with Loughborough and still waiting for that offer! (fingers crossed)

Just wondering how many people applied for Management Sciences 2014 and how many who firmed got into the course?

Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi pruyajethwa

Glad you like it here - good luck getting that offer!

I don't have the stats for what you've asked but roughly 1 in 4 who applied got in. Don't know if that helps at all.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    For the UCAS visit days, do the guests you bring stay with you or do they have a separate programme?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by HarryEvans)
    For the UCAS visit days, do the guests you bring stay with you or do they have a separate programme?
    Hi HarryEvans

It depends on the course you've applied for as every department does things a little differently. If you let me know what you're coming to I can find out and get back to you.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyajethwa)
    Hey - in love with Loughborough and still waiting for that offer! (fingers crossed)

Just wondering how many people applied for Management Sciences 2014 and how many who firmed got into the course?

Thank you
    250 out of 280 according to Whatuni.

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/cours...8/cdetail.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyajethwa)

Thank you
    hiya! i firmed that course for 2015. is that what you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer but have also been invited to an interview, what is the purpose of the interview and will it change my offer?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by James1892)
    I have received an offer but have also been invited to an interview, what is the purpose of the interview and will it change my offer?
    Hi James1892
    the interview is to see candidates before hand. It can potentially change your offer but that's not guaranteed.
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    When does acconmodation open for 1st years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D123xo)
    When does acconmodation open for 1st years
    May

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I applied for computer science with a foundation year in early December and still have not got a response.. I have received all of my offers except Loughborough which is taking quite a while. How could I get an update regarding my application? Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.