Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From a student point of view and knowing a friend that's been in your situation, don't have your heart set in stone for one uni now, if you go through clearing you'll want to keep your mind open and get options for what universities you wouldn't mind going to and what courses they offer, prioritising! Additionally! Loughborough are very fussy with grades as I've heard and they usually want the grades asked for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sjadejade)
    Hi. I have been declined by Loughborough university due to my predicted grades not being within the requirements however, I believe I'll be able to do better than predicted. Just bellow the requirements. So I've decided to re apply through clearing. Who do I contact for this? How likely is it that this is going to happen, that I will be accepted ?
    Hi Sjadejade

It's great that you think you can improve your grades - there will be lots of people in the same position as you.
    However, there's no guarantee that you'll be accepted through clearing as the competition is fierce. And there's also no guarantee that the course you want will enter clearing. We don't know what will be in clearing until closer to the time.

Last year, the majority of our courses entered clearing for students achieving ABB and above, but there are only so many students that can be taken on.

Clearing opens on results day and it's a case of calling in and seeing if you can get in. We do have information available before hand and last year we had a VIP sign up so you got information quickly, so keep an eye on the website.

Another option is that you can contact the department directly now and see what their admissions staff have to say. I can give you a number and the best person to speak to if you let me know which course you applied for.
    If you need to know anything else, get in touch again.

Hope this helps.
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Hi Vicky,

I've been searching for the location of PHIR department for ages but still, I don't have a clue. Can you please tell me where it is actually on the map, which building? Plus, where do they usually hold their lectures & seminars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErinBliss)
    Hi Vicky,

I've been searching for the location of PHIR department for ages but still, I don't have a clue. Can you please tell me where it is actually on the map, which building? Plus, where do they usually hold their lectures & seminars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a current Loughborough student and one of my flatmates is in the PHIR department. There isn't a specific 'PHIR' building but the majority of her lectures and seminars are in either Herbert Manzoni or James France.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileitsjess)
    I'm a current Loughborough student and one of my flatmates is in the PHIR department. There isn't a specific 'PHIR' building but the majority of her lectures and seminars are in either Herbert Manzoni or James France.

Hope this helps!
    Alright, thanks for telling me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ErinBliss)
    Hi Vicky,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi ErinBliss,

As smileitsjess rightly points out the PHIR department is currently based in the Herbert Manzoni Building and this is where, seminars and the PHIR staff reside as well as where some lectures take place and the PHIR study area and language centre is based). But lectures can also take place in James France Building and Stewart Mason Building which are where the main lecture theatres are based.

Hope the map links help!
    Jarrah

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have an acceptance offer for Masters in Advanced Physics , I wanted to know if its possible to defer my offer for one year.

Varun
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Admitted2015)
    Hi

I have an acceptance offer for Masters in Advanced Physics , I wanted to know if its possible to defer my offer for one year.

Varun
    Hi Varun

You'd need to contact the admissions office via e-mail giving them all your details and telling them you'd like to defer.
    If you e-mail [email protected] they'll be able to help you.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi Varun

You'd need to contact the admissions office via e-mail giving them all your details and telling them you'd like to defer.
    If you e-mail [email protected] they'll be able to help you.

Vicky
    Thank you so much
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Admitted2015)
    Thank you so much
    You're welcome

Hello Loughborough!

Just to let you know I've PM'ed you regarding a question about offer requirements for Design.

Thank you in advance!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ryc23)
    Hello Loughborough!

Just to let you know I've PM'ed you regarding a question about offer requirements for Design.

Thank you in advance!
    Hi ryc23 - I've replied to your PM

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Please Please is there anyone here with an offer for MBA study starting September 2015? I have an offer already.

ReputationRep:
    hiya,

Ive been offered a place for Design Ergonomics, grade ABC or BBB. However I think I will drop a grade but gain on another, i.e I think I'll get AAD or if A*AE. This adds up to the UCAS points, but would I still get in?

Thank you,

Tilly
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tilly_a)
    hiya,

Ive been offered a place for Design Ergonomics, grade ABC or BBB. However I think I will drop a grade but gain on another, i.e I think I'll get AAD or if A*AE. This adds up to the UCAS points, but would I still get in?

Thank you,

Tilly
    Hi Tlly

I've sent you a PM.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am from India.
    Have offers from Univ Sheffield , Surrey for masters in Information Systems.
    Nottingham, Lancaster, Loughborough for masters related to management in Information technology / information systems.

Help me decide on these univ based on ranking, best facility and student life for post grads. Also on the basis of teaching standards, reputation and recognition among employers. I want an unbiased, straight opinion on the above Univ.

help me choose between these 5 universities.Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I know i've asked this before but I wanted to clarify,
    on the accommodation FAQ it says Most halls of residence have mixed flats, but there are some halls which have flats specifically designated for males and females.
    Does anyone know which halls have solely female flats?
    And how do you reserve that room?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by anna.96)
    I know i've asked this before but I wanted to clarify,
    on the accommodation FAQ it says Most halls of residence have mixed flats, but there are some halls which have flats specifically designated for males and females.
    Does anyone know which halls have solely female flats?
    And how do you reserve that room?
    Hi anna.96

There isn't a particular hall of residence that is strictly male or female, however when making your application there is an additional information box, if you state here that you would like female only accommodation then this will be arranged and reserved for you.

I hope this helps
    Becky

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I currently hold a conditional offer to study Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough however I am worried that I might miss my conditions. I know this is a very popular course so i'm wondering if there much leniency when it comes to people who have missed their conditions?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hollyC_Littler)
    Hi there,

I currently hold a conditional offer to study Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough however I am worried that I might miss my conditions. I know this is a very popular course so i'm wondering if there much leniency when it comes to people who have missed their conditions?

Thanks
    Hi hollyC_Littler

It really depends on how much you miss your conditions by. If you drop one grade in a subject that's not a required subject, you may still be able to get a place if there are spaces left after those who have met or exceeded their offer have been given their place. It also depends on whether you firmed Lboro or insured us. If you firmed Lboro, you'll be considered before those who have us as insurance choice.

Hopefully, you'll have done better than you think you have and this won't be an issue for you!
    Good luck

Vicky

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.