Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Summit)
    I got private accommodation (print house). If rooms free up, is it possible to move on campus?
    Hi Summit

It is possible, but I don't know how likely it'll be as we're really full. However if you want to register your interest with the accommodation team they can let you know if this option does become available.

Don't forget you can affiliate to a hall on campus so you don't miss any events.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im applying for Mechanical Engineering and the course requirements are A*AA. I got AAA for as grades, is there a chnace of getting accepted.

ReputationRep:
    I've paid for Freshers Subs and Platinum Membership, but do I also need to pay for Hall Subs for William Morris? Or is this the same as Freshers Subs? If so, can you please tell me how to pay because I can't find it anywhere! Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Mohammed212)
    Hi, im applying for Mechanical Engineering and the course requirements are A*AA. I got AAA for as grades, is there a chnace of getting accepted.
    Hi Mohammed

Our Mechanical Engineering course is very popular and the minimum entry requirements are A*AA, however it would definitely be worth you applying in this case.

Whilst we can't 100% guarantee your acceptance onto the course, you do have a very good chance with such a strong set of grades behind you.

Hope this helps,
    Amy
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by s.cc)
    I've paid for Freshers Subs and Platinum Membership, but do I also need to pay for Hall Subs for William Morris? Or is this the same as Freshers Subs? If so, can you please tell me how to pay because I can't find it anywhere! Thanks
    Hi s.cc

Historically some halls have split the cost of the freshers subs and freshers pack, but this year William Morris have combined this (see below):

“FreshersSubs - £95
    FreshersSubs are paid just by FRESHERS, this includes the Hall Subs & FRESHERSPACK. Thefreshers pack goes towards all the events that happen during freshers week. Forexample, themed socials, club entries, freshers tops, freshers packs, IMStrials, coaches for the RAG raid, awards and everything else! TheHall Subs go towards all the events that are put on throughout the year and theday to day running of the hall. For example: Christmas and Summer Balls, Hallsocials, prizes for fundraising for RAG, coaches, sports equipment, bookingfacilities for training and much more."

http://www.lsu.co.uk/hall/billmo/

So, if you have paid for William Morris Freshers Subs and Platinum, you have paid for everything you need to.

Hope this helps!

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Verry helpful thank you, I didnt think it would be possible to apply with lower grades but i guess i thought wrong
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi Mohammed

Our Mechanical Engineering course is very popular and the minimum entry requirements are A*AA, however it would definitely be worth you applying in this case.

Whilst we can't 100% guarantee your acceptance onto the course, you do have a very good chance with such a strong set of grades behind you.

Hope this helps,
    Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am intending to apply for Bsc Maths in 2016. I got AAABB in Maths, Economics & Business, Extended Project, Physics, and Geography respectively. The typical offer on the website is AAA-AAB. Do you think I can get a slightly lower offer with an A in AS Further Maths and an A in Extended Project?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by daniellon)
    Hi

I am intending to apply for Bsc Maths in 2016. I got AAABB in Maths, Economics & Business, Extended Project, Physics, and Geography respectively. The typical offer on the website is AAA-AAB. Do you think I can get a slightly lower offer with an A in AS Further Maths and an A in Extended Project?
    Hi daniellon

The best thing to do would be to contact the Maths department directly and ask them the question.

You can e-mail them at [email protected] or call them on 01509 222872.

If you need any more help, let me know
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth getting either the gold or the platinum cards?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mdoubleb11)
    Is it worth getting either the gold or the platinum cards?
    Hi mdoubleb11

It really depends on what you want to do in your year here.
    If you've not seen it, here's a list of what you get with the platinum and gold cards and the potential saving over the year.
    http://www.lsu.co.uk/platinum/

Hope this helps
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering how much time you generally have (i.e. do they often start/end at exactly the time listed) to get between lectures that are in consecutive periods but different buildings
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BaronK)
    I was just wondering how much time you generally have (i.e. do they often start/end at exactly the time listed) to get between lectures that are in consecutive periods but different buildings
    Hi BaronK

I really don't know to be honest, there is some leeway with times to allow you to get from one place to another and timetabling do factor that in for compulsory modules, but they can't factor in which optional modules you choose. Lots of people are in the same position though, so it should be OK and I don't think you'll find it an issue.
    If you're concerned that it's going to cause you a problem, speak to your tutor.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Hi BaronK

I really don't know to be honest, there is some leeway with times to allow you to get from one place to another and timetabling do factor that in for compulsory modules, but they can't factor in which optional modules you choose. Lots of people are in the same position though, so it should be OK and I don't think you'll find it an issue.
    If you're concerned that it's going to cause you a problem, speak to your tutor.

Vicky
    Why did the University decide to change their logo to something that could be done in Microsoft Paint in 5 minutes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Exceptional

The logo that we are now starting to use is a simplified version of our coat of arms.
    If you have a look here you'll get some more information which may answer your question
    http://www.lboro.ac.uk/about/visual-identity/

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for Management Sciences at Loughborough and was just wondering if and when EPQ is accepted. My proposed project for the qualification is based around business and business ethics and so really I'm wondering if there's any chance of entry requirements (AAB/ABB) being lowered to ABB with the condition I meet a specific grade in my extended project. I know this is a long shot but I'm desperate to get into this university and I'm worried I won't meet the AAB standard entry.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by alevelsruinme)
    Hi, I'm applying for Management Sciences at Loughborough and was just wondering if and when EPQ is accepted. My proposed project for the qualification is based around business and business ethics and so really I'm wondering if there's any chance of entry requirements (AAB/ABB) being lowered to ABB with the condition I meet a specific grade in my extended project. I know this is a long shot but I'm desperate to get into this university and I'm worried I won't meet the AAB standard entry.

Thanks
    Hi alevelsruinme

The best person to speak to about this would be Charlotte Connor, who works in the Business School admissions dpt. You can contact her directly with the below details:

Tel: +44 (0)1509 223393
    Email: [email protected]

I hope this helps - good luck with your application.

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hello !! I have so many questions to you guys since Loughborough is one of my top choices

I am French student looking to apply for 2016. I am in a course where I don't have Mathematics and i would like to know if that can affect me for my application for the course Media, Culture and Society.

Thanks in advance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by santi21)
    Hello !! I have so many questions to you guys since Loughborough is one of my top choices

I am French student looking to apply for 2016. I am in a course where I don't have Mathematics and i would like to know if that can affect me for my application for the course Media, Culture and Society.

Thanks in advance
    Hi santi21

Media, Culture and Society only requires Mathematics at GCSE level or equivalent. So you wouldn't need A-level or equivalent Mathematics.
    Have a look here for more info http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/departments/social-sciences/media-culture-society/

Hope this helps and if you need any more info, just ask.

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email about a department open day.

I'm now looking at Psychology rather than English, is there a department open day for psychology I could attend.

Also, how do these department open days differ from a standard open day? I didn't manage to go to an open day so would there be a campus tour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Just got an email about a department open day.

I'm now looking at Psychology rather than English, is there a department open day for psychology I could attend.

Also, how do these department open days differ from a standard open day? I didn't manage to go to an open day so would there be a campus tour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Excuse Me!

There are visit days for the different psychology courses. The differ from a general open day because you'll be getting much more information about the specific courses, more in-depth tour of the department etc.

You do get to see things like accommodation, so you will see some of the campus, but it's not a full on campus tour if you see what I mean.

We do hold campus tours on a Wednesday afternoon, so if you wanted to come along to one of those you could book on here.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Vicky

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.