Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on your offer jennifer.tariah :cool:

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 81
Hi, my UCAS form went on 20th October. I've had 4 / 5 offers but still heard nothing from Loughborough for mechanical engineering. How long do I wait or should I contact the admissions office?
Hi Iross

I'd contact admissions as that's quite while now. You can contact central admissions on 01509 223522 or [email protected]

You could also contact Sheralyn Thorne at the school on 01509 227644 or e-mail [email protected]

Hope this helps
Vicky
What does it mean that admissions have asked to see a copy of my exam certificate for an already achieved qualification?
Reply 84
Took two weeks to get an acknowledgement, then got an offer an hour later :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by nameofuser
What does it mean that admissions have asked to see a copy of my exam certificate for an already achieved qualification?

It just means they want to verify you have the qualification already and the quickest most efficient way is for you to send a copy.

Vicky
Original post by Stav_D
Took two weeks to get an acknowledgement, then got an offer an hour later :smile::smile::smile:

Congrats on your offer Stav_D :cool:
Anyone applying from London?, I am the only one in my college :frown:
Hi introvert.H

We have loads of applicants from London, so you won't be on your own :smile:

Vicky
i got conditional offer from loughbrough that my GPA must 75 % or above
but my GPA is 68.9 %
what shuold i do ??? can the university offer me a place ???
please help me
Original post by hayabataineh
i got conditional offer from loughbrough that my GPA must 75 % or above
but my GPA is 68.9 %
what shuold i do ??? can the university offer me a place ???
please help me

Hi hayabataineh

You'd have to contact the admissions office ([email protected] or 01509 223 522) or the department you are applying to directly for an answer to that question I'm afraid.

If you let me know what you're applying for, I can give the number / email address to contact.

Vicky
I'v applied for construction management
Thank you
Hi hayabataineh

You need to e-mail [email protected] or call on 01509 228 744 and her name is Bindi Makvana.

Hope this helps!
Vicky
Reply 93
Hi,

I have received a conditional offer of AAB for Psychology.
I am sitting 4 A Levels over 3 years. I have already completed two A2s (achieved AC) and am sitting a further two this summer (predicted AB).
I presume that this offer includes my pre-existing A grade. Do I need to provide proof of the grade?

Thank you, Izzy
Hi Izzy
You will be asked to provide proof if it's required from you. Yes the offer will include pre-existing a-levels - we look at the overall end results, so it doesn't matter when you achieve them, we look at what you come out with at the end of it all.
Does this make sense?

Vicky
Oh and congrats on your offer Izzy ! :biggrin:
Vicky
Reply 96
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Izzy
You will be asked to provide proof if it's required from you. Yes the offer will include pre-existing a-levels - we look at the overall end results, so it doesn't matter when you achieve them, we look at what you come out with at the end of it all.
Does this make sense?

Vicky

Yes it does make sense!
I was just checking as I expected an offer that simultaneously asked for proof of my grade and instead was just asked for AAB.

Thank you!

Original post by Loughborough University
Oh and congrats on your offer Izzy ! :biggrin:
Vicky

Thank you so much, I'm really happy!
Reply 97
Hi I have got an interview for Materials Engineering in February. What is the dress code and what does the interview consist of?
Hi Umar1

I'm just waiting for someone in the department to call me back, so will get back to you as soon as I hear.
Vicky
Original post by izzi23
Yes it does make sense!
I was just checking as I expected an offer that simultaneously asked for proof of my grade and instead was just asked for AAB.

Thank you!

Thank you so much, I'm really happy!

Glad to help and pleased that you're happy :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply