The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Umar1
Hi I have got an interview for Materials Engineering in February. What is the dress code and what does the interview consist of?

Hi Umar1

In answer to your questions, firstly dress code. We don’t have one so we’re not expecting you to come suited and booted.

Secondly - the interview. It’ll last about 15 minutes and it’s really to assess your suitability to study Materials. We’ll be looking at what your understanding of Materials Engineering is and what you think you’ll be going on to do in the future.
Don’t forget it’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have, so if there is anything you want to know, I’d advise you to make a note it’s really easy to forget what you were going to ask when you actually get in there!

Hope this helps :smile:
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi! I've just received two offers for Chemistry, one the MChem and the other the Bsc course! BBB for both, I'm over the moon! I think I've picked my first choice!!!! :biggrin: Has anyone else got offers for chemistry yet? It's all super exciting!!
I have offers for both the Mchem and Bsc courses!!! 100% firm option :biggrin: Soo excited!!!!!
Original post by introvert.H
Anyone applying from London?, I am the only one in my college :frown:

Im applying from london. Half the ppl just think 'wheres that'?
Got an offer so im happy.
Thank goodness no interview was needed.
Original post by Emmaliath
I have offers for both the Mchem and Bsc courses!!! 100% firm option :biggrin: Soo excited!!!!!

Congrats on your offer Emmaliath! :cool:

Vicky
Original post by Abzey_97

And congrats to you too Abzey_97 :biggrin:

Vicky
I just received an offer for Civil Engineering MEng!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an offer last week for Maths joint honours
carysro and RedBullAsh - congrats to both of you on your offers too! :thumbsup:

Vicky
Reply 109
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Umar1

In answer to your questions, firstly dress code. We don’t have one so we’re not expecting you to come suited and booted.

Secondly - the interview. It’ll last about 15 minutes and it’s really to assess your suitability to study Materials. We’ll be looking at what your understanding of Materials Engineering is and what you think you’ll be going on to do in the future.
Don’t forget it’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have, so if there is anything you want to know, I’d advise you to make a note it’s really easy to forget what you were going to ask when you actually get in there!

Hope this helps :smile:
Vicky

Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome :smile:
Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
carysro and RedBullAsh - congrats to both of you on your offers too! :thumbsup:

Vicky

Thank you very much!
Original post by RedBullAsh
Thank you very much!

You're welcome :smile:

Vicky
My UCAS has been sent to Loughborough, applying for foundation in mechanical engineering, hope I get in wish me luck !😃
Reply 114
When do we apply for accommodation if we put Loughborough as a firm? Also how is it sorted out like are you likely to get your first choice?
Reply 115
Original post by D123xo
When do we apply for accommodation if we put Loughborough as a firm? Also how is it sorted out like are you likely to get your first choice?

You'll get an email late April telling you everything about accommodation if you've firmed loughborough, then you'll be able to apply late may.

And come results day if you get in you can reserve the type of room you want :smile: Normally you'll get what kind you want, if you're firm
Reply 116
Original post by AdamG95
You'll get an email late April telling you everything about accommodation if you've firmed loughborough, then you'll be able to apply late may.

And come results day if you get in you can reserve the type of room you want :smile: Normally you'll get what kind you want, if you're firm

Thanks, helped a lot😊
Original post by Mo_12397
My UCAS has been sent to Loughborough, applying for foundation in mechanical engineering, hope I get in wish me luck !

Good luck Mo_12397! :crossedf:
Vicky
Original post by Abzey_97

I know right !
Congratulations !
Same here , no interview :smile: .
Going to place Loughborough as my firm now.
Original post by introvert.H
I know right !
Congratulations !
Same here , no interview :smile: .
Going to place Loughborough as my firm now.

Congratualtions to you too!
Im still choosing between loughborough, manchester and warwick for firm.
Heriot-watt is my insurance.
( personally I feel very lucky to have an amazing uni as an insurance).

I love sport so loughborough is a really good choice.

I guess serious work starts from here on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest