Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

No problem :smile:
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 161
How long should I wait to get a UCAS reply, it's been almost 3 weeks since I sent my application? Or is there a way to find out about my application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Hi Vicky
Do all chemical engineering applicants have to go through an interview before they can receive an offer?
Thanks in advance
Original post by DixieN
How long should I wait to get a UCAS reply, it's been almost 3 weeks since I sent my application? Or is there a way to find out about my application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi DixieN

Am I right in thinking your applied for Air Transport Management? If so, you can contact Pam Wilson on 01509 223 401.
I think she's still in today, so worth giving her a call for more info.

Vicky
Reply 164
That's is correct and I'll do that, much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muki183
Hi Vicky
Do all chemical engineering applicants have to go through an interview before they can receive an offer?
Thanks in advance

Hi muki183

Yes the vast majority (apart from the odd person with very exceptional circumstances) do have to go through interview before receiving an offer.

Does that help?
Vicky
Original post by DixieN
That's is correct and I'll do that, much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to help. :smile:
Vicky
Hi Vicky
I've applied for Computer Science with foundation year - UCAS acknowledged application on 1st December. I've not heard anything yet and I'm wondering if foundation year courses might have more applications than straight forward degree courses and therefore much more "competition"?
Many thanks
Hi bbred1310

Our foundation courses are always popular, but ratio-wise they have roughly about the same amount of applicants per acceptance as the degree courses.

If you need to speak to someone to see how your application is going you could try Ian Murray in Computer Science (01509 223 068) or call SEFS (Science and Engineering Foundation Studies) and you can get them on 01509 222 566.

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi bbred1310

Our foundation courses are always popular, but ratio-wise they have roughly about the same amount of applicants per acceptance as the degree courses.

If you need to speak to someone to see how your application is going you could try Ian Murray in Computer Science (01509 223 068) or call SEFS (Science and Engineering Foundation Studies) and you can get them on 01509 222 566.

Vicky

Thanks very much. Have a great Christmas
Original post by bbred1310
Thanks very much. Have a great Christmas

You have a great Christmas too!
Vicky
Hey Loughborough University

i applied like 2 months ago almost now but still no reply yet, is there anything i can do as its my last offer { if i get it aha } I'm waiting for as i already have got 4.
I'm doing accounting and finance :]

Thanks
Nish
Really like the uni but my predicted grades are BBB and for economics Loughborough's typical offer is AAB, any chance I would even be considered? or straight in the no hoper pile? :O
Is there a FB page for applicant holders or whatnots?
Reply 174
Not yet! Keep waiting, you'll know when there is one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DixieN
Not yet! Keep waiting, you'll know when there is one

Posted from TSR Mobile

can i make one? because my other unis have one
Reply 176
Go for it, I'll join, hopefully LSU will promote it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NishT96
Hey Loughborough University

i applied like 2 months ago almost now but still no reply yet, is there anything i can do as its my last offer { if i get it aha } I'm waiting for as i already have got 4.
I'm doing accounting and finance :]

Thanks
Nish

Hi Nish

You could contact the admissions office and see where it is, or you can contact the department directly.

Admissions office details are:
[email protected] or call 01509 223 522

Department details are:
[email protected] or call 01509 223 393

Vicky
Original post by Moosie123
Really like the uni but my predicted grades are BBB and for economics Loughborough's typical offer is AAB, any chance I would even be considered? or straight in the no hoper pile? :O

Hi Moosie123

When considering applicants, they look at you as a whole, not just your predicted grades. So if you've done loads of other stuff which is in your personal statement, then you may get an offer.

You could call/email admissions and have a word with them either centrally or the department directly.

Admissions office details are:
[email protected] or call 01509 223 522

Department details are:
[email protected] or call 01509 223 393

Vicky
Original post by jennifer.tariah
can i make one? because my other unis have one

Hi jennifer.tariah

We don't have a FB page for applicants, but may do further down the line. Your best bet is to keep an eye on our official FB page www.facebook.com/lborouniversity as that's where it'll be promoted if we go ahead.

The only ones I've seen from other unis so far are all unofficial ones (but obviously I don't know which unis you've looked at!)

If you do make one don't forget you won't be able to use any of our photos or logos.

Hope that helps a bit.
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest