The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sumie84
Thank you so much for your response! I'm going such a tough time deciding. Have offers from Kingston, Roehampton, Keele as well. Waiting to hear back from a few more.

being an overseas student you might need a certain visa to work in the uk. you will need to check this out
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by swanseajack1
being an overseas student you might need a certain visa to work in the uk. you will need to check this out

Yeah, I'm going to apply for the Tier 4 student visa. I'm trying to find out if I can work off campus.
Original post by Sumie84
Yeah, I'm going to apply for the Tier 4 student visa. I'm trying to find out if I can work off campus.

I would suggest you contact the british embassy regarding this for proper advice
Reply 143
Original post by swanseajack1
I would suggest you contact the british embassy regarding this for proper advice

That is a great advice! Thank you!
Original post by Sumie84
I am going to be an international student from the United States and I was wondering how hard it will be to get a job on or off campus?

Hello, a lot of students tend to work on campus for the Students' Union - in their student bar or shop. There are also opportunities to work off campus in Swansea city centre in the many shops, bars and restaurants. There is a limit on how many hours an international student can work, I believe it to be around 16 hours a week. This is something which you can check with our International Student Advisory Service on campus once you have enrolled. I hope this helps answer your question :smile:
Reply 145
Original post by Swansea University
Hello, a lot of students tend to work on campus for the Students' Union - in their student bar or shop. There are also opportunities to work off campus in Swansea city centre in the many shops, bars and restaurants. There is a limit on how many hours an international student can work, I believe it to be around 16 hours a week. This is something which you can check with our International Student Advisory Service on campus once you have enrolled. I hope this helps answer your question :smile:

That helps a lot! Thank you so much! I will definitely be in touch with them. :smile:
Reply 146
Finally got an offer just need to work for 3 b's now buzzing!!
Reply 147
I am kind of confused about my offer I applied for marine biology but I have done a BTEC rather than a levels. they've asked for DDM plus a b in a level biology. I got D*D*D* in my BTEC but no a level so they have put me onto a foundation year does this meen I have defiantly got the place as I have already finished the qualification. Am currently studying arboriculture not sure if this changes anything (thought it looked an interesting thing to do for a year :colondollar: ) thank you
(edited 9 years ago)
So happy with my offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffi6
I am kind of confused about my offer I applied for marine biology but I have done a BTEC rather than a levels. they've asked for DDM plus a b in a level biology. I got D*D*D* in my BTEC but no a level so they have put me onto a foundation year does this meen I have defiantly got the place as I have already finished the qualification. Am currently studying arboriculture not sure if this changes anything (thought it looked an interesting thing to do for a year :colondollar: ) thank you

Hello, this is something that you would need to speak to the college admissions team about to double check - the email address is [email protected]. I hope this helps!
I was wondering...for the 'Genetics' BSc course, after 3rd year, are you able to transfer to do the MSci Genetics course? :smile:
Anyone looking to study Media and Communications? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by Swansea University
Hello, there's more information on the Bay Campus here: www.swansea.ac.uk/campus-development/
There will be 900 rooms on the Bay Campus and an additional 500 more opening next year. The City is about 2 miles away from the Bay Campus and will be accessible via transport links. I hope this helps answer your question!

Hi

Can anyone apply for the accomodation at bay campus or is it dependant on what course you are doing
Original post by BoboG
Hi

Can anyone apply for the accomodation at bay campus or is it dependant on what course you are doing

I don't have the answer to this but it would be easier for people whose courses are on the new bay campus to stay there and for people whose courses on singleton park to stay on that campus or the student village. the road between the campuses is extremely busy being the main road into Swansea from the east and mumbles road has always been one of the busiest roads in Swansea. certainly at peak times there may be delays
I've been told that there are jobs available for university students in the liberty stadium
CS. :smile:
Reply 157
Just came back from the Applicants Day, and fair to say that I absolutely loved it.

The whole atmosphere was just amazing, the other students were just so friendly and lovely.

I can't put into words, how right that university is for me
Original post by esjae
Just came back from the Applicants Day, and fair to say that I absolutely loved it.

The whole atmosphere was just amazing, the other students were just so friendly and lovely.

I can't put into words, how right that university is for me

I'm going in 2 weeks for the Applicants Day!!! What subject did you go to? What did you do throughout the day? :smile:
Reply 159
Original post by Bruno26
I'm going in 2 weeks for the Applicants Day!!! What subject did you go to? What did you do throughout the day? :smile:

First we had an intro talk,then went on the accommodation tour, then wandered around ourselves instead of going on a campus tour because they were going to show us things that we wouldn't really need. The Abbey, is absolutely stunning, it was such a nice day as well which helped me fall in love with it a lot quicker.
Went to the Law open day within that, then they had tea and coffee and we talked to one of the Professors/Lecturers for like twenty minutes before the open day started, we then had a hand full of talks, then a mock lecture which was really fun, felt like I learned something, even though most of it was similar stuff I do at A Level

Quick Reply

Latest