The Student Room Group

Thinking of applying to summer camp?

Hey there, not sure if I'm posting this in the right place at all, but any admin feel free to move it if needed.

So, iv applied to a few summer camps and have already be accepted to wildpacks and usa summer camp, they both want me to pay the 1st payment. I'm also in the middle of a camp america application and getting emails saying it's looking good so far and they want me to come for an interview, also got an interview for americamp coming up in a couple weeks.

Just wondering what is the best camp to go with? Has anyone got any experiences with any?

Other general questions I have are,
What camp pays the most? (I'm applying with a NPLQ qualification)
What kind of stuff do you do in each camp?
What kind of day trips do you get to go in with each camp?
How many days off you get in each camp?
Who will I be sharing a cabin/room with?
Do camps take a majority of your money away at the end if they paid for your flights?
Should I just jump right in and pay a payment or ask could I pay in a couple weeks after iv made my mind up of which camp I seem to like the most?

Also any other information that would be interesting to me would be great thanks.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
If I did summer camp, I think I would go for Camp America. It sounds like a very reputable company and the opportunity to work and travel abroad is amazing. I haven't been to the camp before, but I had a classmate who went and he really enjoyed himself. Usually summer camp pay is quite low, it's more about the experience really. Good luck with your applications! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest