Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I LOVE planes...(picture) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd share this as it's International Civil Aviation Day on Sunday!

This is soooooo epic! Airbus have just done a photoshoot with 5 A350XWB's in a row....:drool:

Here's the photoshoot!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    :flybye:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Gotta love the T7's.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    XH588 is the only airworthy Vulcan remaining. It's kept in the air purely by public donations and it's been on the brink of being grounded due to lack of funds for a few years now. It's still going, just about, and hopefully will be for years to come!
    Name:  vforce.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  10.9 KB
    As you may already know, 2015 is officially the Vulcans last year of flight and XH588 is making a tour of England (and a bit of Scotland I think) over this weekend to fly over the surviving airframes from the V force.

worth seeing if it's coming your way - details/estimated times here http://www.vulcantothesky.org/salute...orce-tour.html

I'll be watching at Woodford - which is especially poignant as the former Avro factory there, where the Vulcans were made, is currently in the process of being pulled down.

Name:  v-forcesalutemap-webdraft.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  19.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    OP that pic is awesome

i really like this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    As you may already know, 2015 is officially the Vulcans last year of flight and XH588 is making a tour of England (and a bit of Scotland I think) over this weekend to fly over the surviving airframes from the V force.

worth seeing if it's coming your way - details/estimated times here http://www.vulcantothesky.org/salute...orce-tour.html

I'll be watching at Woodford - which is especially poignant as the former Avro factory there, where the Vulcans were made, is currently in the process of being pulled down.

I'll be watching at either Duxford or Southend. I haven't decided which yet. Hoping it will be announced at the Clacton airshow too. If not then the Duxford airshow which is bound to be a special one given its 60 years since the end of WW2.

ReputationRep:
    If you really are into aviation, you should enter our world of flight simulation...
    You will most definitely enjoy it!
    A good flight simulator is X-Plane or Prepar3D, which are considered to be the leading simulators.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm guessing none of you are "down to earth" people then :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  347.1 KB

The A320 has always been my favourite for some reason. I think it looks perfect and I always feel less castrophobic and safe In these beautys Sad thing is , I would actually pay up to £20 more to fly with an airline with A320s operating that route over 737s . :p:p

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it. I'm based at one of it's flyover locations but I wasn't able to be there this weekend. Hope you had a good view though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it. I'm based at one of it's flyover locations but I wasn't able to be there this weekend. Hope you had a good view though!
    Cheers, I got a better view than the rubbishy picture I took suggests... but tbh not by muchAttachment 436223436227
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I can't wait to get my ATPL. Anyway, my favourite planes to fly are generally Gulfstrem business jets, though I do fly Boeings a lot, especially the 747 and 777 series jets.

Any other flight simmers around here? I just setup VoxATC for my FSX today, got it working with my cockpit.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I got a better view than the rubbishy picture I took suggests... but tbh not by muchAttachment 436223436227
    Any view of a flying Vulcan is a good view

I decided not to go to the nearby fly pasts due to the weather forecast. It's flight path took it right over our house in the end at about 1000ft didn't have time for a photo though. Not the same as a climbing turn on max thrust, but I intend to get to an airshow for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemi5try)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  347.1 KB

The A320 has always been my favourite for some reason. I think it looks perfect and I always feel less castrophobic and safe In these beautys Sad thing is , I would actually pay up to £20 more to fly with an airline with A320s operating that route over 737s . :p:p
    They are more elegant than stubby 737s. They don't have engine nacelles that look like they've been sat on by the Jolly Green Giant. They have rounded noses and smaller vertical stablisers. They sit nice and high off the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    They are more elegant than stubby 737s. They don't have engine nacelles that look like they've been sat on by the Jolly Green Giant. They have rounded noses and smaller vertical stablisers. They sit nice and high off the ground.
    I completely agree, the new generation 737s look alright too, but they really fat compared to the 320 family.

Question is though, 787 or 350XWB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    I completely agree, the new generation 737s look alright too, but they really fat compared to the 320 family.

Question is though, 787 or 350XWB?
    Yet to go on either, but the 787's wing profile is gorgeous.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigglr)
    That looks more like a savannah :P

:sogood:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.