240+
    6.41%
    120+
    0%
    <120
    0.64%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    Wow, you did great! I'm doing History at Oxford, what about you?
    Thanks!
    Oh bloody hell, you can hardly complain then. I'm at ~the other place~ doing Geography! When do you start?

ReputationRep:
    470 not counting EPQ

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh.... you count both the AS level result and the A level. In that case, without EPQ, mine would be 580-600. With EPQ, it would be 630-660. (I voted wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wissenschaft)
    Ahhh.... you count both the AS level result and the A level. In that case, without EPQ, mine would be 580-600. With EPQ, it would be 630-660. (I voted wrong)
    I don't think you count both

Eg maths A2 a* and Maths as A

Would be 140 not 210

ReputationRep:
    880 ~~~~~

ReputationRep:
    You should count any AS grades that you have dropped at AS (i.e. not taken to A2), but if you took a subject to A2 you only count the A2, not both the A2 and the AS in that subject.

I took 3 subjects to A2 (Maths, Physics, Chemistry) and took ICT to AS and got:
    Maths: C (80 UCAS)
    Chem: C (80 UCAS)
    Phys: D (60 UCAS)
    AS ICT: Merit (40 UCAS)

Total: 260 UCAS points.

I was hoping for more, but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I will have Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics to A2, German to AS and an EPQ.
    ....that doesn't make sense. You know you only count on AS, as the final a level includes it?

Just cos the max you can get from what you've said is 550 with 3 A stars, an A at AS, and an A star in epq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zimbo97)
    ....that doesn't make sense. You know you only count on AS, as the final a level includes it?

Just cos the max you can get from what you've said is 550 with 3 A stars, an A at AS, and an A star in epq
    He'll have 4 A2s

ReputationRep:
    4 x A Levels A* - 560
    1 x FSMQ A - 20
    1 x Grade 8 Practical Distinction - 75
    1 x Grade 6 Theory Pass - 5

So 660 in total. I'm off to Durham reading maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    He'll have 4 A2s
    Oh yeah you're right, I stand corrected
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by zimbo97)

A*A*A*A*a*a would be the maximum I could get. I'm doing 4 A2s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Erm 380 from A2 and 60 from an AS - 440 total. Apparently for my uni the average is 600 or something like that...

Ah well. Going to uni
    That's just a load of crap, people doing IB just skew the whole average up, for my uni it's apparently 550 but most people I know going there haven't got that much.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly 800. Starting Imperial ChemEng soon. A*A*A*Aaaaa FSMQ A

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it's a ridiculous amount! Than again, I didn't do anything like general studiesnor EPQ so that's extra points... If I had got that A* in French, it would be 440. Damn those three marks :unimpressed:
    Same! I'm one mark off A*A*A*, which is 420 points... Urgh :roll eyes: Here's hoping my remark comes back with an extra mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Thanks!
    Oh bloody hell, you can hardly complain then. I'm at ~the other place~ doing Geography! When do you start?
    The 7th of October, how about you? I love how we're here stressing about our tariff scores when on paper we're really strong students with places at Oxbridge, see what TSR does to people!!!

Edit: Out of curiosity, may I ask what UMS you got? I'm wandering because I was considering applying to Cambridge for Art History but didn't because I wasn't sure if my UMS was good enough for an arts subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    That's just a load of crap, people doing IB just skew the whole average up, for my uni it's apparently 550 but most people I know going there haven't got that much.
    IB gets stupid amounts of UCAS points! My friend got 28 points and has more UCAS points than I do.

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm one mark off A*A*A*, which is 420 points... Urgh :roll eyes: Here's hoping my remark comes back with an extra mark.
    I got A*AA and would have been soooo pleased had the A* been in French as AS was messed up for me, and I'm going to do languages at uni! I got 104/110 marks on the main paper but a mid B in the oral, which I had remarked. It didn't go up though, and I still think it was certainly worth an A... But alas, it's probably personal pride!! Got the expected A* in geography though and a miracle of an A in maths :eek:

What subject are you getting remarked?

ReputationRep:
    The 7th of October, how about you? I love how we're here stressing about our tariff scores when on paper we're really strong students with places at Oxbridge, see what TSR does to people!!!

Edit: Out of curiosity, may I ask what UMS you got? I'm wandering because I was considering applying to Cambridge for Art History but didn't because I wasn't sure if my UMS was good enough for an arts subject
    Ah wow! We move in on the 4th, then the academic stuff kicks off around the 8th I think.
    I know. :lol: Makes me feel a bit ungrateful but oh well.

I had a 93.2% AS average when I applied, no idea what it is now... that's fairly low in Cambridge context, but geography is relatively less competitive... Are you doing Art History at Oxford then?

ReputationRep:
    I got A*AA and would have been soooo pleased had the A* been in French as AS was messed up for me, and I'm going to do languages at uni! I got 104/110 marks on the main paper but a mid B in the oral, which I had remarked. It didn't go up though, and I still think it was certainly worth an A... But alas, it's probably personal pride!! Got the expected A* in geography though and a miracle of an A in maths :eek:

What subject are you getting remarked?
    English Lit, I don't really expect it to go up, but it would be great if it did Where are you off to for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Ah wow! We move in on the 4th, then the academic stuff kicks off around the 8th I think.
    I know. :lol: Makes me feel a bit ungrateful but oh well.

I had a 93.2% AS average when I applied, no idea what it is now... that's fairly low in Cambridge context, but geography is relatively less competitive... Are you doing Art History at Oxford then?
    No, straight History The job prospects are brighter and people are really mean about Art History graduates, particularly from Oxbridge, I couldn't believe what I heard.

That's an amazing UMS average! I have a 91.2% and got 99.5% for Art History AS so maybe I should have given it a go... Oh well, I love my college and my course looks really exciting so I don't really have any right to complain! Which college are you off to?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.