3.85%
    240+
    6.41%
    120+
    0%
    0.64%

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by colourtheory)
      English Lit, I don't really expect it to go up, but it would be great if it did Where are you off to for uni?
      English lit and others like philosophy and history are funny ones, as they can be so subjective! I'd imagine yours would increase by that one little mark!

Cambridge! you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Paralove)
      English lit and others like philosophy and history are funny ones, as they can be so subjective! I'd imagine yours would increase by that one little mark!

Cambridge! you?
      Hopefully!

Oxford It's really odd to see pictures of my friends' freshers' parties and rooms etc. while I still have like a week and a half before I move out... I feel like we both start so much later than every other uni, it almost feels like it'll never be time to go... Longest holiday ever! (4 months, I'm going nuts!).

What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
      Hopefully!

Oxford It's really odd to see pictures of my friends' freshers' partiesi and rooms etc. while I still have like a week and a half before I move out... I feel like we both start so much later than every other uni, it almost feels like it'll never be time to go... Longest holiday ever! (4 months, I'm going nuts!).

What are you studying?
      I know! I've skyped some friends loads already! I move in a week tomorrow (woo!), whereas one friend is at LJMU and has been since 7th September! :O

I've been working a lot to earn money, or I will have absolutely no money for food etc whatsoever after my rent goes out. I have to pay out £120 extra as my loan doesn't cover my first bill, and then find food money on top of that...

I'm studying MML (French and ab initio Spanish specifically), what about you?

ReputationRep:
      920?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      TSR Support Team
      615 UCAS points if I achieve my predicted Advanced Higher Grades this year.

Breakdown:
      470 - AAA at AH + A at H (S6 predictions)
      145 - AB Highers (achieved in S5 - subjects I'm not taking to AH)
      Total:
      615 points

ReputationRep:
      No, straight History The job prospects are brighter and people are really mean about Art History graduates, particularly from Oxbridge, I couldn't believe what I heard.

That's an amazing UMS average! I have a 91.2% and got 99.5% for Art History AS so maybe I should have given it a go... Oh well, I love my college and my course looks really exciting so I don't really have any right to complain! Which college are you off to?
      Ah ok, awesome, congratulations! Haha, I can imagine... geography gets it's fair share of stick too

Wow, definitely, you would have been in with a shot for an interview! But yeah, all happens for a reason, now you'll be happy as at Oxford. I'm going to Downing (which a lot of people have never heard of!) which is right next to the geography deparment. Yourself? I don't know many Oxford colleges...

ReputationRep:
      I know! I've skyped some friends loads already! I move in a week tomorrow (woo!), whereas one friend is at LJMU and has been since 7th September! :O

I've been working a lot to earn money, or I will have absolutely no money for food etc whatsoever after my rent goes out. I have to pay out £120 extra as my loan doesn't cover my first bill, and then find food money on top of that...

I'm studying MML (French and ab initio Spanish specifically), what about you?
      I'm in the exact same situation; I have zilch money left after my first bill but couldn't find work Ce la vie, student life :roll eyes: I''m at Worcester College for History and move in a week on Tuesday, kinda getting nervous and have no idea when to start packing... Do you know many other people from Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BWCW)
      Ah ok, awesome, congratulations! Haha, I can imagine... geography gets it's fair share of stick too

Wow, definitely, you would have been in with a shot for an interview! But yeah, all happens for a reason, now you'll be happy as at Oxford. I'm going to Downing (which a lot of people have never heard of!) which is right next to the geography deparment. Yourself? I don't know many Oxford colleges...
      Downing is actually one of the Cambridge colleges I do know!! I've never been but I'm sure it's beautiful. I'm off to Worcester College, affectionately known as 'the college with the lake' There's a rumour that they poach the ducks for Christmas hall :eek:

Being so close to the geography department is going to be great, you can roll out of bed 10 minutes before lectures! I think I'm relatively close to the History department but I suspect that some of my tutes will be in colleges a fair walk away.

ReputationRep:
      I'm in the exact same situation; I have zilch money left after my first bill but couldn't find work Ce la vie, student life :roll eyes: I''m at Worcester College for History and move in a week on Tuesday, kinda getting nervous and have no idea when to start packing... Do you know many other people from Cambridge?
      I've had my job since the start of sixth form, so I've always balanced working and studying. My parents will try to help me out but we don't have much of an idea how much I'll need, nor what they can give me.

My college is Newnham! I've been getting bits together for the last couple of weeks, and packing properly aka clothes on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I only know those that I met at interview/via Facebook groups. Other than that, no one in particular really! Certainly no one else from school as I'm the first ever to get an offer let alone into Oxbridge!

ReputationRep:
      I've had my job since the start of sixth form, so I've always balanced working and studying. My parents will try to help me out but we don't have much of an idea how much I'll need, nor what they can give me.

My college is Newnham! I've been getting bits together for the last couple of weeks, and packing properly aka clothes on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I only know those that I met at interview/via Facebook groups. Other than that, no one in particular really! Certainly no one else from school as I'm the first ever to get an offer let alone into Oxbridge!
      Same I have a feeling this is gonna be the longest week and a half ever!

ReputationRep:
      Same I have a feeling this is gonna be the longest week and a half ever!
      I bet! The last two weeks or so have seemed to drag a little, and I'm sure this next week will even more so!

ReputationRep:

I thought I did reasonably well but by TSR standards I did horrifically bad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Epicurean)

I thought I did reasonably well but by TSR standards I did horrifically bad
      Aha, I felt pretty much the same - especially when this thread was started (the majority of the first ten posters had 500+ points)

But the Poll clearly shows a variety of good scores, and as long as you have enough points for a University course; you are 'A-OK' by my books:yy:

ReputationRep:
      First time I actually bothered counting this up...I got 530 across 3 A2s, an AS and an EPQ

ReputationRep:
      Downing is actually one of the Cambridge colleges I do know!! I've never been but I'm sure it's beautiful. I'm off to Worcester College, affectionately known as 'the college with the lake' There's a rumour that they poach the ducks for Christmas hall :eek:

Being so close to the geography department is going to be great, you can roll out of bed 10 minutes before lectures! I think I'm relatively close to the History department but I suspect that some of my tutes will be in colleges a fair walk away.
      Aha, you are a special one indeed! It is pretty gorgeous. Can't say I know anything about Worcester... but a lake doesn't sound half bad...

Yes, definitely - was a major factor in my decision, teehee. Ooh, well, if you'll get a bike you'll be fine right! Are you close to the city centre?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BWCW)
      Aha, you are a special one indeed! It is pretty gorgeous. Can't say I know anything about Worcester... but a lake doesn't sound half bad...

Yes, definitely - was a major factor in my decision, teehee. Ooh, well, if you'll get a bike you'll be fine right! Are you close to the city centre?
      The city centre is about 5 minutes walk away so it's kinda far but easily accessible if that makes sense! I applied to Worcester because I liked the idea of having huge grounds to walk in as an escape from the hustle and bustle of uni life, and town is so close that I can just walk or cycle in if I fancy some action Is Downing central at all>

ReputationRep:
      Took Religious Studies and Double Health and Social Care at A Level, got BCC. Doing animal management extended diploma and predicted D*D*D*. Worth 680 in total

ReputationRep:
      Whoops, forgot about 120 points there so I'll be leaving with 700 points ideally. Grade 8, grade 7, maths, fm, physics, computing, ASDAN.
      That's being pretty optimistic though.
      • TSR Community Team
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      TSR Community Team
      Clearing and Applications Advisor
      (Original post by StarvingAutist)
      Whoops, forgot about 120 points there so I'll be leaving with 700 points ideally. Grade 8, grade 7, maths, fm, physics, computing, ASDAN.
      That's being pretty optimistic though.
      Optimism is good! :woo: I'm sure you're gonna nail it
      • Community Assistant
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      Community Assistant
      Very Important Poster
      I left with 440 UCAS points.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.