Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here starting their GCSE's this year?

I completed my Access to HE last year and, as I got pregnantn the course and had my baby 2 weeks ago, decided to delay my GCSE's and take them this year while on Maternity leave!

Thought it might help to have a support thread? Compared to Access the GCSE's (mostly Maths) seem a little more boring and frustrating to me - I'm only doing them because I need to scrape a C in maths to go on to Uni :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both. I need a B in Maths though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what im doing. My lecturers keep saying that the access level 3 covers English as we do so many essays. But with the maths they are putting us in for a GCSE grade. I don't have Maths/English C so hoping it all works out ok.

They must know what they're talking about and im only applying to the two universities I know they work alongside.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing GCSE English. I would've liked to retake my Maths as I need a B to get into one of my uni choices, but as I already have a C I can't affors to do it.

And yes GCSE English is a little boring... and much slower than the Access course (so far). Currently studying poems zzzzz

ReputationRep:
    I am doing gcse English and maths alongside my access but now I am told they would accept the key skills

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.