Turn on thread page Beta

A bit of a dilemma including coach travel. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That seems like a good idea, does it cost to open or close a account and does it cost anything if the account has no money in it at all sometimes?
    No; it's free, and pays dividends in later life. Like learning how to use Google.

(Original post by Martina_)
    No, it's free to open accounts and depending on the one you choose, you may have to pay a monthly fee. I have an alternative one in Lloyds bank and it didn't cost anything to open, I'm not charged anything per month, and more often than not there's £0 in that account. So yeah.
    Is it the Lloyds bank classic account that you have ?

ReputationRep:
    Is it the Lloyds bank classic account that you have ?
    I have the under 19's. There are many things you could use for proof of address - get the uni or insurance/phone company or new GP at uni to send you a letter at your new address

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Your parents have to be aware that you have a girlfriend.

(I just hope this isn't another Romeo and Juliet where you find out your parents hate your girlfriend's parents )
    They have to as in surely they know or he has to tell her?

ReputationRep:
    So pay by her card and then give her cash? She's gonna think it's a little weird as to why I can't use my own for £3.60 :/
    She's your girlfriend, surely you should be able to tell her. It sounds like you're just lying to everyone ...

ReputationRep:
    So pay by her card and then give her cash? She's gonna think it's a little weird as to why I can't use my own for £3.60 :/
    Explain to her that you are a little ***** who is scared of getting told of by your parents when they read you mail and find out you have a girlfriend.

(Original post by scotttb)
    Explain to her that you are a little ***** who is scared of getting told of by your parents when they read you mail and find out you have a girlfriend.
    Mate it's easier said than done, they're going to try to get me to break up with her or they are going to make me choose between them or her and at the moment I can't be dealing with family issues like that

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are the male part of this relationship? I sounds like you don't have any balls to stand up to your parents. Is your gf aware you are more chicken than KFC?

Its not Romeo and Juliet because Romeo risked his life to see Juliet and he was only 14.

(Original post by Maker)
    Are you sure you are the male part of this relationship? I sounds like you don't have any balls to stand up to your parents. Is your gf aware you are more chicken than KFC?

Its not Romeo and Juliet because Romeo risked his life to see Juliet and he was only 14.

I am sure about that. Okay so if your parents went super mad at you and was unhappy with your girlfriend and was not willing to accept her, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I am sure about that. Okay so if your parents went super mad at you and was unhappy with your girlfriend and was not willing to accept her, what would you do?
    I married her.

(Original post by Maker)
    I married her.
    How are you with your parents now?

ReputationRep:
    How are you with your parents now?
    they are fine, I would not care if they are not, its not up to them to run my life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2014
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.