Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemacdougall)
    just got rejected despite everything, so upset about this whole thing
    Sorry to hear that :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Wait they gave you an interview offer and then rejected? Can they do that? I'm so sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hullaballoon)
    Congrats! When did you apply? This is the first interview offer for child nursing I've seen around the site!
    Thanks It was around the 6th October

ReputationRep:
    What were your predicted grades x

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannaaay)
    Wow!! Well done!! ahh so jealous but so happy for you! Just gotta ace that interview now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Yeah :/ any tips hahaha!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that what uni was it? did they say why?

ReputationRep:
    Try and keep your head up! It's just the one university, there's others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about the rejection What uni was it?
    I just got an interview invitation for Surrey on 17 November! ) I'm predicted A*AB by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeronikaJoanna)
    Sorry to hear about the rejection What uni was it?
    I just got an interview invitation for Surrey on 17 November! ) I'm predicted A*AB by the way.
    Congrats! I just got an interview invite for Surrey on 17th, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hullaballoon)
    Congrats! I just got an interview invite for Surrey on 17th, too!
    Yay! Congrats to you too! This is so exciting

ReputationRep:
    Got Brighton and Surrey interviews!!!!! Xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    So nervous and very excited xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahchivertonx)
    Got Brighton and Surrey interviews!!!!! Xxxxx
    Congrats!! I'm nervous too! What are you doing to prepare for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted ABB but it seems to me that if you want to get in you have to have better grades than that even though it only requires BBB. Seems highly unfair seeing as my personal statement even included 4 Clinical shadowing placements with the professor of paediatric anesthetists at the royal London hospital and caring for patients in the PICU (paediatric intensive care unit) seems slightly unfair because i think its quite likely that most people wont have that sort of work experience. Im also shadowing an adult nursing on the intensive care ward and the neonatal care center at the royal London hospital. Plus i have two jobs, and work at 3 nursery's ...-_-

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted ABB but it seems to me that if you want to get in you have to have better grades than that even though it only requires BBB. Seems highly unfair seeing as my personal statement even included 4 Clinical shadowing placements with the professor of paediatric anesthetists at the royal London hospital and caring for patients in the PICU (paediatric intensive care unit) seems slightly unfair because i think its quite likely that most people wont have that sort of work experience. Im also shadowing an adult nursing on the intensive care ward and the neonatal care center at the royal London hospital. Plus i have two jobs, and work at 3 nursery's ...-_-
    You've done loads!! Have you rung the university? Which one was it? If you ring them they can give feedback on why you didn't get an interview, because from that I can't fathom any possible reason! But keep your chin up because it was just the one university and there are still 4 others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I called them and they were highly rude and very nasty about it and said that i should email not call. and so in did and i got a reply saying that my personal statement did not reflect that i understood what it would be like to work as a child nurse.. i was furious and my head teach even said that, that was a ridiculous reason.

ReputationRep:
    I called them and they were highly rude and very nasty about it and said that i should email not call. and so in did and i got a reply saying that my personal statement did not reflect that i understood what it would be like to work as a child nurse.. i was furious and my head teach even said that, that was a ridiculous reason.
    Hey, sorry to hear that! What university was that for? Different universities look for different things, so maybe you'll have better luck somewhere else! Also, in terms of the academic entry requirements that you mentioned above, it shouldn't make a difference whether one candidate has BBB (if those are the min. entry requirements) vs. someone with A*AA. Once you've met the entry requirements you're through to the next round, so to speak. They're a hurdle to cross and that's that. So as long as you have the asked for requirements I wouldn't worry. (That's my understanding, anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Really?! That's appalling! Which university was it? I hope it's not one I have to deal with :/ you've worked in 3 nurseries and done a truck load of work experience - how can you not know?! Each university has their own criteria though, and maybe they just had really weird criteria? I'm so sorry about that! It must be horrible! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm applying to University of South Wales. Sent my application off today. I am so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    It was Manchester university, and i felt as though i was stupid by calling them and they mad me feel very small and useless, as you can imaging being a girl this really upset me hoping Cardiff with be much nicer.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.