Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was accepted for an internship with KPMG over the summer and got great feedback from my supervisor. They said they would arrange a partner interview afterwards, to see if they would offer me a place on the grad programme for next year, but it's been almost 8 weeks now (my internship finished at the end of July) and I've still not been told anything about an interview. One of the other people on my internship has already had her interview and been offered a place, so I got in touch with them, but they just said they were very busy and they hope to arrange mine soon.

Is it normal that they're taking this long? Has anyone else experienced this? Or is the fact that someone else has already been interviewed and offered a place, while my interview has not even been arranged, a very bad sign for me?

I'm freaking out about this, I really enjoyed my internship, and I would love to do a grad scheme with them. Anybody got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you've contacted grad recruitment, you shouldn't have to worry- I know a few people who have yet to do an interview.

If you haven't already, talk to your buddy or line manager and ask them what's going on.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.