Turn on thread page Beta

Flat mates doing drugs. Is this acceptable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    ...is patronising, ill-informed nonsense.
    stfu it was my advice give your own if you dont agree with it l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi! I've just moved into a private london student hall and I met my flat mates! They've all be soooo lovely and we've got along so well but now i'm a bit worried about certain things that I found out!

I'm personally the type of person who doesn't smoke and only drinks alcohol on occasions and not regularly.

I honestly really really like the people in my flat and we all say that it couldn't have been any better because of how well we get along but what does bother me is that I've just found out that 2 of my flat mates take drugs - Mushrooms, Marijuana, MCAT, ketamine, Crystal Meth and ecstacy or at least have taken these! I've never even heard of most of them until 2 days ago lol! When I heard him say he's taken MCAT I thought he's applying for medicine in the USA because that's the name of the entrance exam lol! I'm honestly kind of became friends with them but now that I know about the drugs - I know it's none of my business but is it something that happens a lot! Should I avoid them and stay out of them? Honestly - when I heard things at first I refused to believe it until one of my flatmates said that she needs to see a doctor because of a side effect of the drugs she's been taking :O!

I'm definitely the type who wouldn't go into peer pressure and when they asked me I said that there's no way that I will take anything like that! I was shocked as I'm the type of person who is quite conservative like hate clubbing and stuff and honestly - when I see someone with a cigarette I try and avoid them and think negatively of them let alone if they take drugs. But it's just how nice they've been to me and been really getting along so well! Should I just ignore this fact and try and build better relationships with them! The one thing I don't want to happen is that we don't get along as we'll be together for the whole year!
    Which tube station are you near?

ReputationRep:
    crystal meth? dam..

but yeah just don't partake but don't be a fool and report them, let them do what they want to do unless it gets to something extremely serious (not saying crystal meth isn't) and try to stop them, e.g. heroin

ReputationRep:
    I had a flatmate who did crystal meth and got him removed. Mainly because he tried to stab me with a kitchen knife though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Call da police ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    I don't fool for the 'drugs are bad' message; it's not true. But Crystal Meth is bad and a very different kettle of fish to mephedrone, weed or MDMA. If I my flat mates were using that I wouldn't want to live with them to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you need to lighten up. Have a toke

ReputationRep:
    All the other stuff is pretty run of the mill at some unis.... But crystal meth? Daaaammmnnn. That's messed up. Show them those before and after pics.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if you agree with the law or not, it is what it is, and what your flatmates are doing is illegal and may well endanger your life. From a strictly legal perspective, you are implicated in their activity because it is happening under your shared roof. Either leave, file a police report, or both.

ReputationRep:
    One of my housemates last year occasionally liked a bit of Mary Jane... What we did was we put an agreement in place that she would only ever do it outside of the house. Why? Because the rest of us did not want to be implicated. I'm going into financial services where there are hella background checks.

London has a lot of drugs. It's even relatively "normal" for high powered stress heads to take drugs to work those extra hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan Januzaj)
    OP do this

if you want to be a complete ********
    Guessing your on drugs yourself then :P go on continue but if you get ill (and I hope this rule is dam well enforced one day) then the NHS won't have to waste money on treating selfish stupid people such as yourself. Or I hope the police batter your door down heck they might be watching this forum now and track you down hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi! I've just moved into a private london student hall and I met my flat mates! They've all be soooo lovely and we've got along so well but now i'm a bit worried about certain things that I found out!

I'm personally the type of person who doesn't smoke and only drinks alcohol on occasions and not regularly.

I honestly really really like the people in my flat and we all say that it couldn't have been any better because of how well we get along but what does bother me is that I've just found out that 2 of my flat mates take drugs - Mushrooms, Marijuana, MCAT, ketamine, Crystal Meth and ecstacy or at least have taken these! I've never even heard of most of them until 2 days ago lol! When I heard him say he's taken MCAT I thought he's applying for medicine in the USA because that's the name of the entrance exam lol! I'm honestly kind of became friends with them but now that I know about the drugs - I know it's none of my business but is it something that happens a lot! Should I avoid them and stay out of them? Honestly - when I heard things at first I refused to believe it until one of my flatmates said that she needs to see a doctor because of a side effect of the drugs she's been taking :O!

I'm definitely the type who wouldn't go into peer pressure and when they asked me I said that there's no way that I will take anything like that! I was shocked as I'm the type of person who is quite conservative like hate clubbing and stuff and honestly - when I see someone with a cigarette I try and avoid them and think negatively of them let alone if they take drugs. But it's just how nice they've been to me and been really getting along so well! Should I just ignore this fact and try and build better relationships with them! The one thing I don't want to happen is that we don't get along as we'll be together for the whole year!
    Your just like me peer pressure doesn't effect you You will be one of the great ones in later life #justsaying. Well tell the police on 101 or on your campus and they will deal with it (they can keep your name secret from ur flatmates if you want) Its quite sad that these people are nice but its already having a bad effect and their health and anyone around them (surrounding smoke) I mean with these drugs they could easily die. So in effect telling the police your saving their lives from addiction and possible early death.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.