Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so im currently in year 10 and as you may know we only sit a biology exam this year and every other exam in year 11! i was thinking year 11 would be too difficult so i asked my sociology teacher if i could sit my sociology exam this year as i find it fairly easy so far, He said yes but id have to do a lot of independent work and i would be the only one in my school doing it. do you think its a good idea to get this GCSE out the way or should i do it next year with my other exams?

ReputationRep:
    Posted on TheStudentRoom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfaaa)
    so im currently in year 10 and as you may know we only sit a biology exam this year and every other exam in year 11! i was thinking year 11 would be too difficult so i asked my sociology teacher if i could sit my sociology exam this year as i find it fairly easy so far, He said yes but id have to do a lot of independent work and i would be the only one in my school doing it. do you think its a good idea to get this GCSE out the way or should i do it next year with my other exams?
    Do it in year 11.

Trust me, people generally do better after the full two years of the course, rather than sitting early.

I know this because I experienced it.

You'll be a lot more focused next year in year11 aswell as all your exams will be coming up.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Just do it in year 11 like everyone else. Yes there will be other exams but an extra year of experience will be very useful. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If it was me I would do it now then it is one less thing to worry about however think about how you would feel if you failed but consider how you would feel if you passed and what a boost it would give you. Talk to your parents and teachers about it because they know you better than a TSR stranger.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.