Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I've decided I should finally start teaching myself a language after years of saying so. Only french was an option at A-Level but I prefer doing one myself so I can be as free as I wish about it with no pressure. Now I would get a tutor but doing four AS and a part-time job will just make it tough but I dot mind buying resources.
    Now the problem? I want to learn so much languages, for example:
    Turkish - I'm half turkish, I should know it
    German - Interests me
    Hebrew - Would be fun to know a classic
    Latin - I would love this, especially as I want to be a history teacher

How can I break it down? And realistically how hard will it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you have some diverse language interests! I would recommend starting with one, rather than trying to dive into four all at once, especially with your busy schedule. Teaching yourself is not too difficult as long as you are motivated and have the right resources. I have used Rosetta Stone in the past and found it to be excellent, but also kind of expensive! They offer all four of the languages you are interested in. A cheaper way of doing things would be to find a beginners' course outline from a university website, download the reading list and simply follow their course. KCL has some good ones here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/...out/index.aspx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.