Turn on thread page Beta

*Challenge!* You have 3 days to convice me out of buying a Macbook pro! GO! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Pretty self explanitary really, Hitting up my local Apple store on Saturday to purchase a 13" pro with retina screen, 2.8Ghz i5, 8GB Ram, 256Gb HDD. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it *Rep Points if you recognise the quote ) is to convince me either into it, or out of it... Just for a bit of fun, who knows, you may even convince me out of my £1500 decision :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan-Slade)
    Pretty self explanitary really, Hitting up my local Apple store on Saturday to purchase a 13" pro with retina screen, 2.8Ghz i5, 8GB Ram, 256Gb HDD. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it *Rep Points if you recognise the quote ) is to convince me either into it, or out of it... Just for a bit of fun, who knows, you may even convince me out of my £1500 decision :cool:
    Get one, they're awesome.

Mission Impossible 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Econometrics)
    Get one, they're awesome.

Mission Impossible 2.
    Rep rightly earned, Quality film... Congratulations dear sir

ReputationRep:
    Rep rightly earned, Quality film... Congratulations dear sir
    "If I let you know where I'm going, I won't be on holiday."
    Enjoy your MBP! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Econometrics)
    "If I let you know where I'm going, I won't be on holiday."
    Enjoy your MBP! :cool:
    Just for that, Tommorow, YOU GET MORE REP Top notch banter dear sir.... Oh I shall, First port of call, Testing that gorgeous screen with you guessed it, Mission Impossible

ReputationRep:
    Just for that, Tommorow, YOU GET MORE REP Top notch banter dear sir.... Oh I shall, First port of call, Testing that gorgeous screen with you guessed it, Mission Impossible
    You're worth 2 rep :erm:

Just get it if you want it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Woop! Haha, enjoy. Classic film.:adore:

ReputationRep:
    Do you really believe that an additional 256gb of storage and 0.2Ghz speed above the lower spec model is worth the extra £300?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Do you really believe that an additional 256gb of storage and 0.2Ghz speed above the lower spec model is worth the extra £300?
    Hmmm, well actually It's only 128GB extra storage Hmmmm, Compeling argument, But considering how large my itunes libary and Fap store is, I need the extra storage, as for the extra 0.2Ghz, it was standard on the mid range model....

ReputationRep:
    Did you put Fap Store intentionally? I laughed.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well actually It's only 128GB extra storage Hmmmm, Compeling argument, But considering how large my itunes libary and Fap store is, I need the extra storage, as for the extra 0.2Ghz, it was standard on the mid range model....
    Ah, I think I compared the wrong two. Were you just going to pay to upgrade to the processor?

Im going to go and get one in the next few days. But I think I'm more likely to buy the basic model with 128gb and 2.6 processor. I dont really store much.

ReputationRep:
    Get a lower range retina, no need for the cost to be at 1500, unless it's 15inch which it isn't here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artimus)
    Did you put Fap Store intentionally? I laughed.
    Yes I did, My Fap store is HUGGGGEEEE So is my Sorcery stick for that matter :cool: (FYI, I'm a rather ****ty comedian )

(Original post by josh_v)
    Ah, I think I compared the wrong two. Were you just going to pay to upgrade to the processor?

Im going to go and get one in the next few days. But I think I'm more likely to buy the basic model with 128gb and 2.6 processor. I dont really store much.
    Naah I wanted the extra storage, But when upgrading the SSD on the base model it was only a smidge less than the mid range with the better proccessor, So i though **** it Good luck, Can't wait to get mine

ReputationRep:

ps those specs for £1500 are a ****ing joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)

Hmmm, You're probably right, I could probably get the same specs for alot less, But then I'd have to lug around a plastic tacky piece of **** loaded with Microsofts latest steaming lump of grass fertiliser, Not to mention needing Iraqi nucleur weaponary cooling systems to stop it burning my gentlemen sausage into charcoal.....

ReputationRep:
    Using the education discount its £1500??

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, You're probably right, I could probably get the same specs for alot less, But then I'd have to lug around a plastic tacky piece of **** loaded with Microsofts latest steaming lump of grass fertiliser, Not to mention needing Iraqi nucleur weaponary cooling systems to stop it burning my gentlemen sausage into charcoal.....
    Yea because OS X is that much better? And wtf are you talking about plastic tacky?

Sounds to me like you are just some dumb apple fanboy who was never really going to do anything but buy the macbook...

dumb thread.

ReputationRep:

Honestly glad someone said this, extortionate :erm:

ReputationRep:
    From what OP said about the specs, I actually dont think its 1500. More like 1100 once you apply the discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalilsp)
    Using the education discount its £1500??
    No, it'll be more like £1330, Sorry forgot to mention that.....

Yea because OS X is that much better? And wtf are you talking about plastic tacky?

Sounds to me like you are just some dumb apple fanboy who was never really going to do anything but buy the macbook...

dumb thread.
    Hmmm, Yes actually it is, Have you seen Windows 8.1, Slave's in Africa could have created better on a stone slate with a stick....

"Dumb Apple fanboy, I admit, I have a Iphone 5s, I also have a Microsoft Surface pro 2 (BIG ****ing mistake that was!) and a Samsung galaxy tab 4. Apple fanboy, No, I just like stuff that works, thankyou very much, Questionable answer discarded. NEXTTTT!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 30, 2014
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.