Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*Challenge!* You have 3 days to convice me out of buying a Macbook pro! GO! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I wouldn't say they're behind, but the fact that they price them like they do and they don't even have a dedicated graphics chip (which is often what makes a modern laptop so expensive) is kind of disturbing.
    Hmmm, I have a viable reason to why they're so exspensive, They charge those of us that feel you should all take your gobs off of Bill Gates gentleman sausage, Move towards his balls, and bite hard untill he makes something that isn't just a big pile of **** that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. XP was amazing, 7 was tolerable. That's it! OSX has been consistent, that's why people pay there premiums I feel...

(Original post by Byakko)
    Mac OS is crap. Wait for Windows 9 surface pro in April-May
    You, Leave this planet, now. I'd rather work in Mcdonalds for the rest of my life than go near windows, or a Surface pro for that matter, I had the Pro 2. That's now returned with my opinion written all over the reciept in the reminents of my toilet waste, Oh wait, that was the product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan-Slade)
    Hmmm, I have a viable reason to why they're so exspensive, They charge those of us that feel you should all take your gobs off of Bill Gates gentleman sausage, Move towards his balls, and bite hard untill he makes something that isn't just a big pile of **** that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. XP was amazing, 7 was tolerable. That's it! OSX has been consistent, that's why people pay there premiums I feel...

You, Leave this planet, now. I'd rather work in Mcdonalds for the rest of my life than go near windows, or a Surface pro for that matter, I had the Pro 2. That's now returned with my opinion written all over the reciept in the reminents of my toilet waste, Oh wait, that was the product.
    I run OS X 10.9, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.0 on this desktop.
    I respectfully disagree that OS X is any better than Windows 7. At all. In any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    Anyone who buys a Mac Book Pro, even when there are systems with better specs for a third of the price, is a moron.
    viable point, It's wrong, but viable

(Original post by geoking)
    Are you doing video editing, photo editing or iOS development? No? Then just get a normal laptop for £500, and spend £1000 on hookers and blow. :cool:
    Hmmmm, Hookers and blow, Naaaah, Girls at UNI cover that while only costing a Netflix subscription, Dominoes stuffed crust and Vodka, Much cheaper Photo editing + Cad work......

ReputationRep:
    They're beautiful machines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I run OS X 10.9, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.0 on this desktop.
    I respectfully disagree that OS X is any better than Windows 7. At all. In any way.
    Hmmm, The fact you mentioned Windows 7 in that opinion is the only reason you won't be recieveing my toilet waste on fire through your letter box dear sir. I respect your argument, Windows 8, Vista and Ubuntu all bow down to OSX, Seven gets away with it for pure Userbility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    They're beautiful machines.
    Rep given for such an awesome user-name... They're crafted masterpieces, no one can argue that

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, The fact you mentioned Windows 7 in that opinion is the only reason you won't be recieveing my toilet waste on fire through your letter box dear sir. I respect your argument, Windows 8, Vista and Ubuntu all bow down to OSX, Seven gets away with it for pure Userbility
    What's wrong with Ubuntu? I find it very similar to OS X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    What's wrong with Ubuntu? I find it very similar to OS X.
    It's great for customisation, I just don't feel it's as well supported as the other equivelants, I also prefer simple products that work as they should, no questions asked. OS X achieves that, Ubuntu I find has alot of fidling requirements before it's optimal... I don't have the patience to do that, Otherwise it's a brilliant OS. Just not for me

ReputationRep:
    No, it'll be more like £1330, Sorry forgot to mention that.....

Hmmm, Yes actually it is, Have you seen Windows 8.1, Slave's in Africa could have created better on a stone slate with a stick....

"Dumb Apple fanboy, I admit, I have a Iphone 5s, I also have a Microsoft Surface pro 2 (BIG ****ing mistake that was!) and a Samsung galaxy tab 4. Apple fanboy, No, I just like stuff that works, thankyou very much, Questionable answer discarded. NEXTTTT!
    I have a HTC M8 ONE and it is a gazillion times better than the ****ty iphone.

Not to mention who the **** actually uses Windows 8? No one is forcing you to use that OS...you are so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    It'll bend in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's great for customisation, I just don't feel it's as well supported as the other equivelants, I also prefer simple products that work as they should, no questions asked. OS X achieves that, Ubuntu I find has alot of fidling requirements before it's optimal... I don't have the patience to do that, Otherwise it's a brilliant OS. Just not for me
    Can't say I've had the same problem. It is has pretty much made its name as the de facto standard Linux distribution nowadays, and has a lot of third party support. Can't say I've ever had problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    Recently faced this decision, ended up with a PC and couldn't be happier with what I got, i7 8GB Ram 1TB HDD with SSD Caching and an 8GB NVIDIA graphics card for £800, gonna sound sad but I timed it and it loads in 15 seconds. At the end of the day I feel that macs do have good software but the amount you pay for what you get is not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    I have a HTC M8 ONE and it is a gazillion times better than the ****ty iphone.

Not to mention who the **** actually uses Windows 8? No one is forcing you to use that OS...you are so stupid.
    Incorrect again, As I have said previously, I like simple, easy to use hardware that doesn't require a Google + account, an our of fiddling and endless settings to get it working as it shoud, Htc, good phone. Android, too much hassle for what it's worth.

Secondly, Windows in general has gone down hill since Xp. Who the **** picks Windows, which requires constant ****ing updates to fix Micrososfts **** ups, Most of which aren't fixed by the time they release their next lump of **** with no thought put into it. No one is forcing you to hate on OS X, You choose to for some ungodly reason. Your choice, It's wrong like all your points, but your opinion. I respect you enough not to cool you stupid. But you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    It'll bend in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm, I'm not quite sure Macs fit in your pocket, but I like the dig at the Iphone 6, Rep given, what a piece of crap that was eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Can't say I've had the same problem. It is has pretty much made its name as the de facto standard Linux distribution nowadays, and has a lot of third party support. Can't say I've ever had problems with it.
    Hmmmm, has been a while since I used it, Valid point. Have some REP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CostoLAD)
    Recently faced this decision, ended up with a PC and couldn't be happier with what I got, i7 8GB Ram 1TB HDD with SSD Caching and an 8GB NVIDIA graphics card for £800, gonna sound sad but I timed it and it loads in 15 seconds. At the end of the day I feel that macs do have good software but the amount you pay for what you get is not worth it!
    OOOOH sounds nice, That sound pretty beefy :cool: Hmmm, you pay for what you get, I'd take Aluminum Unibody over plastic crap that gets hot anyday, but Valid point, You too may have some REP.

ReputationRep:
    So what are the alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    So what are the alternatives?
    Please expand on this Mrs T, We could be talking about alternatives to anything here
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Pretty self explanitary really, Hitting up my local Apple store on Saturday to purchase a 13" pro with retina screen, 2.8Ghz i5, 8GB Ram, 256Gb HDD. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it *Rep Points if you recognise the quote ) is to convince me either into it, or out of it... Just for a bit of fun, who knows, you may even convince me out of my £1500 decision :cool:
    What will you be using it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    What will you be using it for?

Fap material storage and taking the piss on here

Lol, Minor Cad work, Little bit of photo editing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.