Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much money would you spend on a suit? watch

ReputationRep:
    You see, I'm looking to buy a new suit. Not really for any occasion, I just want a new suit.

I'm currently looking at £200-400. But how much would usually spend on a suit?

ReputationRep:
    At best between 150-200 pounds. That's because I'm 23 and any thing beyond that is just out of my budget. I normally wait for sales to hit so I can get a good suit at an affordable rate.

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencer do decent suits for £79, I have a few of those. I would be willing to go up to £200 for a three-piece suit, no more, and maybe £150 for a Jacket and Trousers.

ReputationRep:
    £200 probably

I got one from Next in the sales

Full jacket, waistcoat and trousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    £200 probably

I got one from Next in the sales

Full jacket, waistcoat and trousers.
    I'm currently looking at Next at the moment ! You can get really nice suits for that amount - thank you!

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Marks and Spencer do decent suits for £79, I have a few of those. I would be willing to go up to £200 for a three-piece suit, no more, and maybe £150 for a Jacket and Trousers.
    Thank you- I've had a look at m and s too, they don't have the suit I wanted about a year back which is a shame. But will definitely still look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    I'm currently looking at Next at the moment ! You can get really nice suits for that amount - thank you!

Thank you- I've had a look at m and s too, they don't have the suit I wanted about a year back which is a shame. But will definitely still look
    Try Debenhams or BHS next

ReputationRep:
    Moss Bros do beautiful, quality suits. A bit pricey though, but worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Moss Bros do beautiful, quality suits. A bit pricey though, but worth it
    Moss bros are a bit out of the price range I think!

ReputationRep:
    Probably around £150 max. Though would be willing to spend more getting it tailored once I have a decent job because its very tricky to get a suit off the rack that fits me well.

ReputationRep:
    I spent £160 on mine including adjustments from Skopes during a sale.

ReputationRep:
    No more than £100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    No more than £100
    Did you forget a zero?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    20p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian Moser)
    Did you forget a zero?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did intend to put 100. Why would I spend a lot of money on a suit that I might only need couple of times? I'm sure there's good quality of suits that do not cost that much.

ReputationRep:
    Around £100 I guess but if im gonna be needing it to work many times then will spend up to £250. Nothing is better than feeling like luxury.

ReputationRep:
    £400 is top end I would say. You can pick up a decent suit for about £120 - £150
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I guess up to about £500. I don't really wear a suit very often though.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    You know I've spent really wide amounts on suits. I got a custom fitted one from
    moss bros and another from hugo boss for silly amounts.

But my best suit is my £45 one from primark. It's wonderful. If it ever gets old or dirty, I buy a new one. This means that every year I'm completely up to date with latest fashion, haven't overspent, and I'm always fitted to my size if it changes.

ReputationRep:
    Not even a single penny..I will prefer to stole it from an awesome friend of mine. Haha! kidding. Well, I guess anything between 55-70$ will make me a happy man.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm a cheap skate so maybe £100 if it was really nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.