Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please forgive me if this a stupid question, however like many others on TSR i have just ventured into Uni and it won't be long before i need to do some laundry. The question i have is, what do people do when their laundry is washing/drying?

Do people stay with their laundry? Do they go off then come back?

ReputationRep:
    Either:
    - take a book and read for pleasure / study;

- take a gadget and watch moves;

- take a gadget and post on TSR;

or

- go back later and wonder who nicked your threads.

ReputationRep:
    Could do what my brother did - spend 4 weeks wondering why his clothes weren't getting clean, before realising it was because he was putting them in the dryer instead of the washing machine....
    I'd personally wait in/near the laundry room. Can always take some work if you've got a busy schedule

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I took a book and either sat in the launderette or the cafe nearby. Ours had timers on so you could leave and go back when you knew your time was up.

People would just take other peoples' clothes out when they had done (which was fair enough, I guess) but they often ended up on the floor when there was no surface space left. Don't be the **** that hogs a machine!

ReputationRep:
    My first year washing machines had timers on, so I'd always come back before it finished; I always worried that someone would take out my washing so wanted to be ready when it was done. I used to go back to my room and continue with whatever I was doing.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.