Do 'brain machines' actually exist?

Watch
PVonShroeder
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
A few years ago I read on the Internet somewhere that they sell brain machines. apparently you can altar the consciousness of the brain and it even helps 'increase brain cells'. I will use it to max out the consciousness of my brain to understand and memorise school stuff. I know it sounds ridiculous but I did read somewhere that it actually exists and I am willing to do anything to give me an edge. I can't find it anymore on the internet, don't know why, so I need you guys to do some research for me. the brain machine apparently can also lower your consciousness so you hallucinates and see visions from your brain, which I will not be doing because that is useless. I am just worried that the brain machine may change my neurone pathways.

I have no knowledge of the brain so whatever but I hope you get my drift... I really need to know if they exist. desperate.
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
its most likely a trick to sell some junk. it may even cause brain damage at worst but probably will do nothing at all. but you know, wishful thinkinh
geneticist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, nothing increases the number of brain cells (yet) There are experimental psychology studies going on about increasing someone's skills by using magnetic waves.Basically they target a specific brain lobe, send waves and increase*quantitative skills.But it's not applied yet, because of ethics (which is bullsh*t) In a nutshell, do not buy anything it's a trick.
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
(Original post by geneticist)
No, nothing increases the number of brain cells (yet) There are experimental psychology studies going on about increasing someone's skills by using magnetic waves.Basically they target a specific brain lobe, send waves and increase*quantitative skills.But it's not applied yet, because of ethics (which is bullsh*t) In a nutshell, do not buy anything it's a trick.
Thank You. But is this device that sends magnetic waves available in any market? I am willing to pay anything up to £50000 for this device. If it is not available in the market, could I buy it from some sort of research facility? I like to learn and by having a more powerful brain I can enjoy learning even more due to a higher intellectual need.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PVonShroeder)
Thank You. But is this device that sends magnetic waves available in any market? I am willing to pay anything up to £50000 for this device. If it is not available in the market, could I buy it from some sort of research facility? I like to learn and by having a more powerful brain I can enjoy learning even more due to a higher intellectual need.
How can you afford to pay £50k for a machine?
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
How can you afford to pay £50k for a machine?
I can't but my parents can. just click my profile. anyways, I am not sure how sensitive the electromagnetic wave machine has to be in order to increase functioning while preventing brain damage and disrupting neurone pathways. If the equipment can be substituted by anything similar then I would just buy that instead.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm no expert in this field, but I do try to keep up to date with the most significant discoveries in most fields of science and I've never heard of anything even approaching this.

The best things you can do to improve your performance at school are work hard, get enough sleep and eat well (in that order, in my opinion).
If you really really want, then ASDA sell these 'brain smart' supplement things that supposedly increase the flow of blood to your brain so you can concentrate for longer. I used to take them in exam season but I never really noticed any effect. It's probably a load of BS but I figured the placebo effect I might get from it would be worth it.
geneticist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not in market, you can't buy it.It takes years to get permission from authorities to sell or use such machines, sorry
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're for real, then the technology you may be thinking of is transcranial magnetic stimulation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcr...ic_stimulation

It's a pretty new technology that can alter brain function using magnetic fields. It may have lots of research and therapeutic applications, and some even claim it can enhance some cognitive functions. But it's all very experimental and in the research phase.

If you're seriuos about it and as rich as you claim, then get in touch with your local university. I think Nottingham might have some TMS researchers:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/neuroscience/index.aspx

They might be interested in a privately funded research program.
Necrosyrtes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes! Fortunately I have one of these in my house. It was left to me by my great uncle who was a pioneer in quantum-transcranial extrasensory stimulation technology. It's a bit of a family heirloom, so I cant let it go for anything less than £27,000 (sentimental attachment and the fact it is still pretty top secret). I think if you could wire the money over to my bank, you I should be able to send it to you pretty soon, no problem.

Here's a pic for proof:

Name:  device.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  163.0 KB
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
(Original post by Necrosyrtes)
Yes! Fortunately I have one of these in my house. It was left to me by my great uncle who was a pioneer in quantum-transcranial extrasensory stimulation technology. It's a bit of a family heirloom, so I cant let it go for anything less than £27,000 (sentimental attachment and the fact it is still pretty top secret). I think if you could wire the money over to my bank, you I should be able to send it to you pretty soon, no problem.

Here's a pic for proof:

haha lol I will send that money to you over right away. it looks like it can really help me out big time
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
I know this is a ridiculous post. I know it is stupid to think there is a device out there that can help brain function as the brain is so complex but im just a tiny little bit desperate and crazy (that is how I roll)
PVonShroeder
Rep:
?
I like being serious on the internet. it gets so many funny responses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (126)
59.15%
No (46)
21.6%
Not sure (41)
19.25%

Watched Threads