Hoofinit
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello Everyone!

Im hoping to study a nursing or paramedic degree at uni but i cant for the life of me figure out how many UCAS points i have.... if i even have any!

My current qualifications are;

GCSE Science dual award -CC
GCSE food tech - B
GCSE English Language - C
GCSE Maths - C
GNVQ ICT - Merit
BTEC L3 National Diploma - PPP
NVQ L2 Health and Social Care - Pass
NCFE L2 Certificate in Fitness instructing - Pass
City & Guilds L3 Award in Body Massage - Pass

Im predicting that i dont have any UCAS points but i cant figure it out on the UCAS site...And the lady i spoke to at the university didnt really help much either.

Thanks
Heisenberg97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
120 UCAS Points. Source: http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/u...alculator.html

The only qualification that gives you these points is the BTEC. Hope this helps
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your BTEC L3 National Diploma is worth 120 UCAS points, but none of the other qualifications carry points. To get into university for nursing/paramedic science you will need relevant experience (paid or voluntary) and you will probably need to do an Access course. Both of those degrees are very competitive, so you'll need to get decent grades in the Access course and have a strong personal statement.
Mr Meeseeks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hoofinit)
Hello Everyone!

Im hoping to study a nursing or paramedic degree at uni but i cant for the life of me figure out how many UCAS points i have.... if i even have any!

My current qualifications are;

GCSE Science dual award -CC
GCSE food tech - B
GCSE English Language - C
GCSE Maths - C
GNVQ ICT - Merit
BTEC L3 National Diploma - PPP
NVQ L2 Health and Social Care - Pass
NCFE L2 Certificate in Fitness instructing - Pass
City & Guilds L3 Award in Body Massage - Pass

Im predicting that i dont have any UCAS points but i cant figure it out on the UCAS site...And the lady i spoke to at the university didnt really help much either.

Thanks
I think the question which everyone wants to know the answer to, do you do full body, or did you specialize in an area?
Hoofinit
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Schadenfreude65)
Your BTEC L3 National Diploma is worth 120 UCAS points, but none of the other qualifications carry points. To get into university for nursing/paramedic science you will need relevant experience (paid or voluntary) and you will probably need to do an Access course. Both of those degrees are very competitive, so you'll need to get decent grades in the Access course and have a strong personal statement.
I currently work for the NHS as a health care assistant so I do have a lot of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nworthy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

Its great your looking to go back to education, I'd first of all start by looking at the Ucas website that should offer you some information on what you need to get into the university.

If you don't have enough points to get in then I'd advise looking at the access courses, I know at my college they offer one in nursing and from what I'm told some universities don't require a great deal of experience.

You can search for a course in your local area with this link ----> https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Pages/Default.aspx

I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads