Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering going to this school for sixth form (provided I get offered a place *fingers crossed*), does anybody go there or can they tell me much about life in the sixth form? I've heard that they sometimes put an unbearable amount of pressure on pupils, what do you make of this?

ReputationRep:
    anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angietash)
    anybody?
    Dont let people scare u like that.Unbearable amount of pressure? I dont think so.If u organise ur time right then its ok.By the way,wot subjects are u lookin 2 do?

ReputationRep:
    I just heard some story about a boy who had a complete breakdown after a couple of months. The kinda horror stories our parents fill us with....

Are you there at the moment? I'm hoping to do Chemistry, Biology, French and Maths/Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I just heard some story about a boy who had a complete breakdown after a couple of months. The kinda horror stories our parents fill us with....

Are you there at the moment? I'm hoping to do Chemistry, Biology, French and Maths/Physics.
    well that guy needs to chill! I've never heard of that before,The main prob there is most prob leaving the revision till the last min.Which of course u can't do if u want a good grade.
    Well im at college,which is a bit different from sixth form

ReputationRep:
    Has nobody heard of The Latymer, a grammar school in Edmonton, Enfield, North London. Any views about it would be much appreciated? /please/

ReputationRep:
    Uhhh one of my net friends went there and thought it was a decent enough place I think. He did reasonably similar subjects to you I think. What do you want to know about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Uhhh one of my net friends went there and thought it was a decent enough place I think. He did reasonably similar subjects to you I think. What do you want to know about it?
    Just general stuff about the school: work ethic, people, 'community' or anything else that is significant in a school. Any info would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Has nobody heard of The Latymer, a grammar school in Edmonton, Enfield, North London. Any views about it would be much appreciated? /please/
    Yep my maths teacher kept telling me to apply there (my schools pretty bad) although it's hours from me! It's a good school though, a very good school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Yep my maths teacher kept telling me to apply there (my schools pretty bad) although it's hours from me! It's a good school though, a very good school...
    So I take it you're not applying?

I know those in the younger years, but I just would've liked to know a bit about the sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    So I take it you're not applying?

I know those in the younger years, but I just would've liked to know a bit about the sixth form.
    Nope I'm not applying, think I'm just going to stay where I am :rolleyes: I can ask my teacher though... (all his kids went/go there)

ReputationRep:
    tbh especially for alevels it hardly matters which school you go to, if your willing to work hard and do the work set by teachers you'll get a good mark. I just go to a local comprehensive school and i am hoping to get A's for AS in maths chem bio and hist, cos ive worked hard all year. The teaching may not be as good at latymers, and sometimes i dont understand anything my maths teachers is saying... but then u go home and read it and ask teacher if you still dont undestand and she'll be more then happy to teach u it. Therefore, if i was you i woudn't start worrying about sixth form... just concentrate on your gcses, and maybe get some textbooks and go through some AS stuff in your chosen subjects if you're really keen.

ReputationRep:
    YES!! Mememememe!!!
    Sorry to have been so slow, I go there and it's utterly fab.
    Most people are very friendly and we're not too cliquey, the teachers are excellent on the whole (language teachers not so hot, but still better than many), and the atmosphere is happy, although a bit stressed at times. Any questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Wow, I'm suprised you remember .

I know i'm ressurecting a thread from the dead but hey, I wanted to see if anyone had mentioned the old place .

Yep I went to Latymer, it's the top non fee-paying school in the UK , and it really is a great place. This thread probally isn't being watched anymore, but if anyone still has any questions i'll be more than happy to answer them.

ReputationRep:
    Darling I could never forget you.
    Or your subjects
    Or your results
    Or your little obsession with leath.........never mind that

ReputationRep:
    Er... you mean the Lethal Weapon series of films... yessss... filmsssss.

ReputationRep:
    (I don't spell things wrong )
    But yeah ya gotta love Mel Gibson!

ReputationRep:
    And explosions!

ReputationRep:
    And the sheer cheesiness of the films

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Wow, I'm suprised you remember .

I know i'm ressurecting a thread from the dead but hey, I wanted to see if anyone had mentioned the old place .

Yep I went to Latymer, it's the top non fee-paying school in the UK , and it really is a great place. This thread probally isn't being watched anymore, but if anyone still has any questions i'll be more than happy to answer them.
    hey, im still watching this thread

It's pretty old, but yes I did get the offer, and I'm pretty much certain to get the As to get in. I'll likely go there in just a few weeks. What did you think of the size of the school (the sixth form in particular), and how well behaved are the pupils (judging by the ones I know, their behaviour leaves something to be desired)?

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.