The Student Room Group

Trainee teacher clothes help!

I'm a trainee teacher about to start my first placement. The school I've been placed in is smart casual with teachers wearing dresses and cardigans with sandals, chinos and plain tops etc. It's also Catholic so I still need to be quite covered (my boobs are my biggest issue and they make buttoned shirts completely impossible).

This is a huge contrast to my previous school where teachers had a strict dress code of full suit for men and women and everyone must wear a full sleeved blazer over absolutely everything. Accessories had to be really plain and it was an ultra conservative kinda place.

So my clothes are all too smart for this school but my home clothes are generally jeans and t-shirts, tea dresses (I love the style but mine are all too 'dressy' for school), and comfy jumpers.

I'm 5ft 2, have 34H boobs and I'm just generally stuck as to what things I should be looking at. I'm really trying to avoid looking frumpy and want to avoid the all black look (which is where I'm comfy) and to avoid looking like a pupil from behind.

I have up to about £300 - £500 for everything including shoes and accessories. I already own satchels so don't need a bag but I need pretty much everything else.

Any ideas what I should be looking at?
Something simple, maybe a sweater with jeans or a long sleeve shirt with jeans (and sneakers) just some stuff my teachers wear other than that no good idea. Hope this helps :smile:

-Edit
Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest